- Typical candidate will have a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineer License with five-plus years of responsible engineering experience in utility design or construction.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills and ability to speak to groups.
- Working knowledge of utility transmission and distribution Substation Operation.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex substation operational procedures, practices and standards.
- Ability to scope, estimate, evaluate and report on construction work processes.
- Analytical skills to evaluate project construction costs and schedule and report out on trends, scorecard metrics, and variances.
- Ability to organize and lead weekly schedule meetings with internal and external departments.
- Proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Skill and knowledge of electrical utility infrastructure construction and testing practices.
- Effective at building professional interdepartmental relationships.
- Experience leading groups through process improvements and work stream efficiencies using LEAN principles.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret substation drawings.
- Working knowledge of union contracts and processes a plus.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-394 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING