Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Electrical Engineer III, System Control Center R18-218
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 8, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Electrical Engineer III, System Control Center
Perform the functions of a fully competent engineer by providing sound engineering solutions to complex problems which minimizes costs and improves efficiencies for the company. The work consists of specifying, designing and maintaining complex systems and applications used in Grid Operations. Systems and Applications include EMS (Energy Management System), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Metering, State Estimator and contingency analysis tools, Outage Management System (OMS), Distribution Management System (DMS) Data Historian for Transmission and Distribution data. Develop operational requirements and specifications of various systems and applications. Develop complex operational plans, procedures, and documentation to support Gird Operations. Perform periodic reviews of operational processes and suggest improvements. Provide support to NERC reliability and cybersecurity compliance related activities of bulk electric system operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field of study from accredited college or university and work experience in related discipline is required.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience specifically related to the daily operations of T&D grid and/or relevant electric utility control center EMS or SCADA related fields is required.
- Through understanding of the planning, design and operations of transmission and distribution system, substations and generation plants is required.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Through knowledge and experience in SCADA/EMS systems and advanced power systems applications
- Experience with Open Systems International Monarch EMS Platform or similar application suite is required.
- Experience with OSI Soft PI Data Historian is required.
- Experience with Oracle NMS or similar application (Outage Management / Distribution Management) is preferred.
- Basic experience in computer programming, scripting and application development is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in using SCADA protocols (ICCP, DNP 3.0, L&G8979).
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunication and computer networks used for SCADA.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-218. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: August 7, 2018