Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Electrical Engineer III – Substation Operations (R16-399)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: October 20, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Electrical Engineer III – Substation Operations
Perform the functions of a fully competent maintenance engineer by providing engineering solutions and plans to resolve issues related to the maintenance of substation equipment and repair or replacement of failed equipment. Acts as the Company subject matter expert for assigned substation assets and maintenance programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operations Support
- Ensure that engineered solutions to problems meet technical requirements, all applicable codes and regulatory requirements and that they are cost-effective, timely and follow sound engineering practice.
- Plan and conduct assignments requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, modification, and application of engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Perform engineering work of a broad and complex nature. Technical guidance may be required on unusual or extremely complex problems.
- Provide management with cost-effective, efficient and technically accurate alternative solutions to problems.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and direct major project assignments or a number of minor project assignments with complex features associated with design, construction, operation, maintenance, or testing.
- Investigate and clearly define problems. Coordinate major work activities requiring subjective judgment.
- Provide engineering input to resolve real-time operating problems.
- Analyze and prepare technical reports and provide solutions to complex technical matters.
- Provide support to operational personnel for complex switching and load restoration activities.
- Collaborate with substation maintenance personnel to ensure maintenance and FITNES issues are addressed in design and construction plans.
- Provide review and documentation to establish compliance with PGE design and construction standards.
- Develop and support enhancements to enterprise systems that utilize substation asset data and monitoring information.
- Maintenance Program Management
- Maintain a high level of engineering proficiency within the field of specialization.
- Maintain technical knowledge of all current techniques, applicable codes and regulations.
- Develop and maintain detailed maintenance practices through research, observation, calculation, experimentation, and benchmarking with other utilities.
- Develop and maintain detailed operations practices through research, observation, calculation, experimentation, and benchmarking with other utilities.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis on power systems preferred.
- Typically requires three to five or more years of engineering experience.
- Normally possesses P.E. License.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Effective group presentation skills.
- Proficient human relations skills.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts and systems of assigned area.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable policies, rules, regulations and codes in a specific engineering field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency to review, evaluate and analyze technical information policies and reports.
- Demonstrated solid level of professional knowledge, skills and proficiency with current tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability and skills in a field of specialization.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: November 19, 2016