- Typically a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering. A Professional Engineer license is preferred (work towards current certification will be considered).
- Typically 5 more more years’ utility engineering experience and/or distribution engineering experience to reach competent level.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of system protection design practices and application.
- A working knowledge of switching, tagging, and related electric distribution operational procedures and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, codes, and standards relating to the design and operation of the electric distribution system.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in distribution operation and maintenance practices is desired.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts and systems related to distribution.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING