Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Electrical Distribution Engineer I
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: August 30, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Chief Electrical Engineer or designee, plans, develops and designs electrical utility distribution systems for subdivisions, commercial and reconstruction projects of various size and complexity; assembles contract specifications and documents required for contracting electrical distribution construction work using utility engineering standards, in accordance, and compliance with local, State, Federal and national codes, and ordinances.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, engineering technology, science or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience directly related to utility engineering.
- Proficiency in MS Office and GIS/CADD hardware and software.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license upon hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical utility distribution design experience.
- Standards development and management (engineering specifications/drawings) experience.
- Configuration management (documentation control, work order package development) experience.
- Staking Sheet Development Certification.
- Intermediate MS Project knowledge and/or experience.
- Basic MS Outlook, Excel and Word knowledge and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience with project management or PMI certification
How to Apply:
This position is being reposted as open until filled. Applicants who apply by Thursday, September 15th will be given first consideration. Final selection will be made based on qualifications, skills testing (if applicable), and an oral panel interview. Applicants should be prepared for skills testing and/or interviews September 19th-30th. Apply online at www.ci.richland.wa.us.
Posting End Date: September 29, 2016