Company Name: Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 564-4359
Job Title: Electric Utility Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: October 20, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Electric Utility Engineer
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. Offering a “four tens” work schedule, strong benefits, and generous retirement program this is a unique opportunity for a rewarding career with an exciting organization in the growing community of Hermiston Oregon.
The Electric Utility Engineer is responsible for providing cost-effective engineering for electric system construction and maintenance with minimal direction. The position maintains working knowledge of the UEC substations, transmission, and distribution systems, including design and equipment specifications and operating principles. The position also assists in the preparation of technical engineering studies, reports and assists in development of construction work plans. Provides project management for large construction/maintenance projects with minimal direction. Works regularly with consultants and contractors, providing instructions and direction for consulting project managers.
- Performs and directs activities associated with creating a construction, system improvement, or maintenance work order package as assigned.
- Participates in activities to ensure electrical protection of the UEC electric system by developing technical studies such as coordination, sectionalizing, voltage, and fault studies; and assists in the planning for long-term and short-term construction work plans.
- Provides recommendations for designs of new electric plant or improvements to existing electric plant substations, transmission or distribution lines with minimal direction. Prepares and presents design drawings and project details for approval as requested.
- Prepares engineering report computations, cost estimates, specifications or other engineering details as requested.
- Works closely with other departments in development of company procedures and work processes; strategic or department work plan initiatives; and RUS engineering and finance requirements for construction work plans.
- Performs outage Tech On-Call duties on rotation; maintains current knowledge of UEC’s SCADA and mapping systems.
- Prepares routine technical specifications; identifies material needs and issues procurement instructions for routine projects. Reviews and prepares recommendations for new materials/equipment specifications.
- Serves as lead or committee member on various company committees as directed, promoting team work between departments. Provides information and engineering assistance as directed for prospective and/or planned generation or renewal energy projects in UEC service area.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
Three (5) years of electric utility experience or equivalent engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Posting closes 11/13/2017
Come join a growing business in the energy distribution field that is community minded and become part of our proud and successful Utility Management team!
Posting End Date: November 17, 2017