Company Name: City of Roseville - Roseville Electric
Phone Number: (916) 774-5475
Job Title: Electric Technology Systems Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology/IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: November 6, 2017
Salary: $82,629 - $116,267
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform technical duties in support of electric utility Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS) system software and hardware, including system maintenance and programming.
- Test, implement, and maintain computer applications and systems related to the electric utility infrastructure systems, including asset/work order, outage tracking, training modules and related work management applications.
- Maintain the integrity of electric computer security systems; create and maintain user identification, authorizations, system privileges, passwords and perform related tasks.
- Train users in various system applications and respond to requests for service related to problems/questions; monitor logs and files for possible problems and system failures and take corrective action.
- Conduct scheduled backup and recovery activities, expediting when appropriate; trouble shoot problems on a system-wide basis; work with vendors and management staff in making changes of a system-wide nature.
- Develop and implement operational procedures for electric computer hardware and software including network infrastructure to be in compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards.
- Maintain communication links with outside agencies and contractors.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of computer systems operations and technical support activities.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system architecture, security standards and recovery procedures.
- Distributed Control System (DCS) system architecture, security standards and recovery procedures.
- Electric utility network operating systems and protocols.
- Local Area Networks, and Windows operating systems.
- NERC security procedures for electric computer systems.
- Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
- Perform technical support such as network maintenance and system backup and recovery of electric utility computer operational and control systems, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS).
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently bend or stoop to install/repair equipment; twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 25 pounds or less.
- Troubleshoot computer system application programming problems at a broad level.
- Develop and maintain documentation of SCADA/DCS servers, network and applications.
- Train or instruct on-line users in use of computer equipment and operating procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
- Two years of responsible technical experience providing electric computer systems support work, preferably in SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control System).
- Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field.
License or Certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Posting End Date: November 27, 2017