Company Name: City of Roseville - Roseville Electric
Phone Number: (916) 774-5475
Job Title: Electric Technology Systems Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: July 20, 2018
Salary: $84,282 - $118,593
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform technical duties in support of electric utility Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS) system software and hardware, including system maintenance and programming.
- Test, implement, and maintain computer applications and systems related to the electric utility infrastructure systems, including asset/work order, outage tracking, training modules and related work management applications.
- Maintain the integrity of electric computer security systems; create and maintain user identification, authorizations, system privileges, passwords and perform related tasks.
- Train users in various system applications and respond to requests for service related to problems/questions; monitor logs and files for possible problems and system failures and take corrective action.
- Conduct scheduled backup and recovery activities, expediting when appropriate; trouble shoot problems on a system-wide basis; work with vendors and management staff in making changes of a system-wide nature.
- Develop and implement operational procedures for electric computer hardware and software including network infrastructure to be in compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards.
- Maintain communication links with outside agencies and contractors.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Two years of responsible technical experience providing utility computer systems support work, preferably in SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control System).
An Associate’s degree or 60 semester units of college level course work including 18 units in a major field of study and 21 units in general education from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science, engineering, electronics, or a related field. Two years of additional related work experience can substitute for an Associate’s Degree.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
How to Apply:
To view the full job announcement and/or to apply for this position, please visit the City of Roseville’s website at www.roseville.ca.us/jobs.
Posting End Date: August 17, 2018