Company Name: City of Roseville - Roseville Electric
Phone Number: (916) 774-5475
Job Title: Electric Compliance Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: July 3, 2018
Salary: $95,516 - $128,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of Electric Compliance Analyst in the Electric Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To plan, analyze, interpret, implement, monitor, document and report comprehensive regulatory compliance activities within the Electric Department, ensuring operations are compliant with electric industry, Federal, State and local standards, rules and regulations as applied to electric operations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from the Electric Risk and Compliance Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain, improve, monitor and regularly audit a comprehensive compliance program in support of Electric Department operations.
- Maintain and audit operations to ensure compliance with electric industry Federal, State and local standards, regulations and rules, including electric reliability standards enforced by the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
- Maintain and establish new processes, procedures and programs to monitor electric reliability standards development and inform appropriate staff of changes or additions to industry regulatory requirements and rules.
- Monitor and participate in industry forums and stakeholder groups relevant to the development and implementation of electric reliability standards in the western United States, as well as other Federal, State and Local regulations, rules and standards applicable the electric department.
- Maintain and improve a tracking and record-keeping program for regulatory compliance filing requirements.
- Monitor operations and analyze data to ensure compliance with a variety of Federal, State and local (regional) regulations; make recommendations for changes in operational procedures to remedy deficiencies identified.
- Develop, improve and conduct training for staff on operational procedures and practices, as they relate to industry regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Analyze deficiencies and create and recommend corrective action and mitigation plans including scope, timing and priority of planned response to observations, findings and conclusions of internal and external compliance audits and review of processes and procedures as they relate to Electric utility compliance with Federal State, and local standards and rules.
- Represent function on committees, outside organizations and at staff subcommittees as necessary, coordinate compliance activities within the utility, throughout the City and with outside agencies.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for compliance programs; implement policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of regulatory compliance associated with the electric utility industry.
- Principles and practices of safety pertaining to electric utility operations and maintenance.
- Principles and practices of technical report writing and documentation.
- Principles and practices of management information systems.
- Principles and practices of investigation and record keeping activities.
- Principles and methods of developing and presenting training materials.
- Principles and practices of public administration.
- Principles of budget monitoring.
- Modern office equipment, methods, procedures, and computer hardware and software.
- Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
- Plan, analyze, implement, monitor and report comprehensive regulatory compliance strategies.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds of less.
- Interpret and explain pertinent rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they related to compliance program elements and department activities.
- Interpret, explain and effectively apply Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, rules, policies and programs as they relate to environmental, and reliability compliance requirements of electric utility activities.
- Monitor and improve innovations designed to effectively track regulatory compliance requirements, in particular those of WECC and NERC.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations.
- Prepare and make effective training presentations regarding regulatory compliance, both formally and informally.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- May supervise, train and evaluate assigned office support staff.
Experience and Training
Two years of experience maintaining an energy compliance tracking or regulatory management program, preferably with emphasis on electric reliability standards enforced by NERC and WECC.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major coursework in engineering, business, economics, public administration or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
Posting End Date: July 31, 2018