Job Title: Eastern Power Customer Service Manager
Hiring Organization: Bonneville Power Administration
Job Announcement Number: DOE-BPA-16-12046-DE/MP
SALARY RANGE: $117,376.00 TO $152,593.00
OPEN PERIOD: 09/20/2016
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1101-15
DUTY LOCATIONS: Spokane, WA
WHO MAY APPLY: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/451142100
The Manager provides overall direction, leadership and support for the Power Sales Account Executives (AEs), grade GS-13, GS-14, and GS-15, located east of the Cascade Range in the Pacific Northwest working with 70 customers providing BPA an annual income of approximately One billion dollars. The Manager delegates the authority to the AE on all contract actions, except for waivers, necessary to fulfill Power Sale Contract obligations with Consumer and Investor Owned Utility customers. The Manager is responsible for aggregated sales, revenue, overall achievement of customer satisfaction, stakeholder outreach, coordination among BPA offices and other Federal Agencies that support the Account Executives. The Manager is also responsible for a wide array of policy, liaison, negotiation, communication with customer groups and key stakeholders and is responsible for creating and maintaining the overall business interface with BPA customers, primarily through the AEs. The AEs serve as the BPA primary point-of-contact for the overall business relationship for NW Public, Consumer and Investor owned utility customers. The AEs negotiate and execute agreements that are key to BPA’s financial stability including long-term power sales agreements, related contracts, the Residential and Exchange Program (REP) agreements and the Energy Conservation Agreement, ECA. The AEs lead the Customer Account Teams comprised of cross-BPA teams of up to 40 staff experts from other BPA functions to ensure customer needs and issues are effectively addressed.
This position is located in the Eastern Power Services organization (PSE) of Northwest Requirements Marketing, Power Services, and Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). Northwest (NW) Requirements Marketing develops products and services, establishes prices and contracts, and recommends rates. This function creates and maintains the business interface with BPA customers. It is responsible for meeting or exceeding established targets for sales and revenue, customer satisfaction, and cost targets.
As the Easter Power Customer Service Manager you will:
- Serve as a member of the Northwest Requirements Marketing (NWRM) management team with responsibility for developing, implementing, and evaluating all programs and policies associated with the organization’s long- and short-range strategic goals in support of the overall BPA mission.
- Exercise delegated supervisory authorities and responsibilities, directing, coordinating, and overseeing the work and providing similar oversight of contractors when appropriate.
- Represent the NW Requirements Marketing organization, the Power Services business and/or the BPA in key customer, political and industry forums and negotiations.
- You must be a United States Citizen
- New appointees must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirement.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Supervisory/Managerial Probationary Period: First time supervisors will be required to serve a 1-year probationary period.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure: Selectee will be required to complete the Office of Government Ethics Standard of Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450e) within 30 days of employment and annually.
- When you apply you will be asked a series of questions to determine your eligibility for employment and your qualification for this position specifically. You must answer ALL of these questions completely and truthfully. If you do not answer ALL questions your application may be rated ineligible or incomplete.
- A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
GS-15: Lead a project or team or serve as a technical expert in (1) applying knowledge of Federal laws, policies, and practices to negotiate and implement long term agreements and related contracts for the sale of utility services (e.g., electric, water, gas, communications) or similarly complex bulk commodities marketed to other businesses in a highly regulated environment, and (2) conducting economic and financial analyses to support implementation of contracts and policies.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies (KSACs). You do not need to provide a separate narrative written statement. Instead, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSACs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position.
Administration and Management – Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
- Strategic Thinking – Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization in a global economy. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
- Leadership – Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishment, coaches, mentors, and challenges subordinates; adapts leadership styles to the variety of situations; models high standards of honesty, trust, openness, and respect in daily behaviors.
- Managing Human Resources – Plans, distributes, and monitors work assignments; evaluates work performance and provides feedback to others on their performance.
- Partnering – Develops networks and builds alliances, engages in cross-functional activities; collaborates across boundaries, and finds common ground with a widening range of stakeholders. Utilizes contacts to build and strengthen internal support bases.
- Influencing/Negotiating – Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
NOTE: Please refer to complete vacancy announcement at:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/451142100 and https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/451142400
to view qualification requirements, guidelines on how to apply, and detailed information on this position.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on 10/04/2016.