Company Name: City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Document Management Coordinator (Management Analyst I)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: February 14, 2017
Salary: $52,603.20 - $67,433.6
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power is an innovative, citizen-owned electric utility company that generates, transmits, distributes electricity and provides energy services in an increasingly competitive marketplace. We are committed to providing high value, competitive priced products and services to our customers through the quality of our employees and the responsiveness that results from local ownership. We will continue to serve our customers in Tacoma, neighboring communities and new markets to benefit both existing and new customers. We believe in and are committed to: serving our customers, respecting people, caring for our community and the environment, achieving excellence and operating safely. This is a full-time, permanent position with full benefits and minimal travel.
This position is responsible for managing Tacoma Power’s documentation to comply with federally mandated NERC Reliability Standards and with state and federal records requirements. This position also supports the implementation and management of document and records management systems for Tacoma Power.
Manage Tacoma Power compliance documentation processes for NERC Reliability Standards, which includes:
- Work with Tacoma Power subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure the necessary evidence of compliance is documented, up to date, and prepared for audits.
- Ensure documentation meets standards set identifying requirements for consistency and quality.
- Work cooperatively with SMEs to identify acceptable timelines for completing compliance documentation in accordance with regulatory deadlines, Tacoma Power’s annual internal audit schedule, and best practices identified in Tacoma Power’s Internal Compliance Program.
- Support Tacoma Power’s annual self-certification process and regulatory audit preparation for NERC Reliability Standards by collecting and presenting evidence.
- Ensure evidence submitted is organized effectively and is available to SMEs.
- Assess effectiveness of document management practices and make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Collect and analyze data, and prepare reports and/or dashboards for management identifying the status or performance of compliance processes.
- Support the implementation and management of document and records management technology systems within Tacoma Power by:
- Manage functionality and access rights within records management system for Tacoma Power.
- Assess file structures and access control to ensure standards and accepted best practice have been consistently adhered to and work with RIM Coordinators to develop action plans to correct gaps or issues.
- Assist and/or instruct end users with regards to functionality as needed.
Associate’s degree typically required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, and two years analytical, database, spreadsheet and/or financial experience.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should complete the online application and attach a resume and cover letter that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position. Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in an interview. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before the closing date.
Applications are accepted online only at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs
Posting End Date: March 3, 2017