Company Name: Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 524-2832
City: Baker City
Job Title: District Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: November 8, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes or recommends to the Director of Engineering and Operations, operation strategies, objectives and policies for the Cooperative.
- Directs all approved construction, operations, maintenance and member activities and programs to obtain maximum productivity and effectiveness in the pursuit of strategic goals.
- Directs the preparation of, departmental annual work plans and other operational studies to assure adequate system capacity, service reliability and workplace and public safety and to provide distribution plan capitalization estimates for future planning.
- Establishes system performance criteria and reviews measures thereof to determine consistency with system reliability and power quality goals.
- Reviews the Cooperative’s power line and substation systems for overall integrity and recommends maintenance, upgrades or redesign.
- Visits job sites before and after construction in order to ensure efficient crew performance due to logistical preparedness, as well as, conformance with OTEC construction standards.
- Ensures strict adherence with Standards Manual during work site visitations. Included in this area of responsibility is compliance with the work order procedures.
- Monitors progress and costs incurred in carrying out departmental work plans.
- Responsible for assessing the cooperative’s vehicle fleet needs and oversees the maintenance of that fleet in accordance with Oregon Department of Transportation and the U.S. Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Responsible for employee training as necessary and ensures that safety practices as described in the safety manual are followed.
- Communicates with regulatory and government agencies to facilitate the timely, cost-effective and efficient construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Works daily to promote and foster positive work relationships with all managers, supervisors, employees and members of OTEC through consistent communication and keeping the cooperative’s best interest in mind.
- Attends functions, seminars, meetings, and activities essential to the wellbeing of the cooperative as directed by the general manager.
- Assists Manager of Purchasing with purchasing and standardization on vehicle type and design.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ten years of increasingly responsible experience in electric utility construction and maintenance; demonstrated knowledge of electric line crew operations, electrical principles and safety codes; and the ability to supervise others and work effectively with associates and members is required.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license (Class A Commercial Driver’s License, CDL preferred).
Training and Experience:
- The ability to supervise others and work effectively with associates and members.
- Must be able to take appropriate action on one’s own initiative.
- Strong management skills are needed in the areas of communication, motivation, delegation, evaluation, employee development, and strategy planning.
- Responsible for all construction, maintenance and operations in the La Grande district service areas including safety, fleet maintenance and assistance in budgeting.
How to Apply:
Excellent health and retirement benefit package. OTEC has 79 employees in four district offices serving over 22,500 members located in eastern Oregon, known for its excellent hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation.
A complete job description may be found at www.otecc.com/careers. Please submit a resume and application and any other applicable documents to the attention of the H.R. Dept., OTEC, 4005 23rd Street, Baker City, OR 97814 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and resumes must be received no later than November 27, 2017.
Posting End Date: November 27, 2017