Company Name: Toth & Associates, Inc.
Phone Number: (417) 888-0645
Job Title: Distribution Line Staking Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: August 20, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Toth & Associates has an immediate opening for a Distribution Line Staking Technician for electric utility operations. This position will be responsible for staking electrical distribution lines in accordance with the client’s specifications and standards. The job description is general in nature, not an exclusive list of all job duties. Employee may be assigned other duties as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform power line assessment activities and engineering field operations required to support the design, construction, review, maintenance and accounting of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities
- Develop proposed distribution line extension and/or upgrade, creates electronic staking sheets and performs ROW flagging/field staking of line necessary to provide the requested service
- Perform ROW field investigations, easement research and related support, as needed
- Complete internal work order final reviews and assists engineering consultant reviewers with RUS Form 219 work order reviews
- Perform system reviews which will include examination/documentation of pole-line condition, asset inventory, GPS data collection, pole tagging, joint use contacts and ROW condition assessment
- Maintain confidential information
- Minimum 5 years of experience is required
- Familiarity with GPS, total station and other survey equipment
- Must be able to understand GIS, mapping terminology and surveying concepts
- Must be able to interpret system maps, engineering drawings and staking sheets
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other software programs, as needed
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and apply basic computer, technical and mathematical skills
- Must be able to operate, maintain and safeguard expensive engineering tools and field equipment such GPS unit, transit, laser range finder, soil resistivity tester, ground resistance tester and range poles
- Knowledge of RUS specifications and assemblies and NISC is preferred
Available Benefits Package:
- Paid vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Sick Leave
About Toth & Associates:
TOTH is a full-service engineering firm specializing in electric utility engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping. We serve a wide range of clients, including public and private utilities, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions across the country.
Here staff members are more than just employees. Our leadership lives by the idea that employees should be treated like family, and our functionality shows that. With a company that has its clients and employees at the forefront of decision making; a rewarding, innovative and growing company is sure to exist, which occurs at TOTH.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an enjoyable work environment. TOTH employees have a rewarding career at every level.
Visit our website at www.tothassociates.com to learn more about our company.
Posting End Date: September 20, 2017