Company Name: Central Lincoln
Phone Number: (541) 574-2012
Job Title: Distribution Engineering Technician
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: August 28, 2017
Salary: $69,291 - $84,224
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
First application review: 9/11/17
Two positions are available; one in Newport, one in Florence.
This position is responsible for the design of distribution system improvement, line extensions and residential, commercial and light industrial projects which includes the obtaining of easements and permits. Ensure that staking sheets, as-built drawings, and other engineering maps and drawings are created, organized, and stored in accordance with established procedures.
- Designs system improvements, line extensions, commercial and light industrial projects, and subdivisions.
- Serves as a representative to Central Lincoln’s distribution customers to ensure the provision of safe, efficient, and cost effective service.
- Lays out overhead and underground line extensions, specifying construction requirements and facilities locations.
- Prepares designs for system improvements and complete engineering studies as assigned.
- Prepares work authorizations and cost estimates and obtains various permits and easements.
- Performs inventories and field checks of completed projects.
- Coordinates work projects with customers, builders, contractors, architects, engineers, and code authorities.
- Supervises and inspects work of various contractors doing work for Central Lincoln.
- After normal working hours, provide dispatch duty as required.
- Other tasks may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of NESC, OSHA, state, and local laws and codes dealing with electricity and safety.
- Use of computer-aided drafting tools, Excel, Word, NISC – ABS/CIS/Mapwise and have a basic understanding of GIS.
- Collect and organize data from a variety of sources.
- Research alternative courses of action beyond prescribed guidelines.
- Requires demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical engineering specifications.
- Requires demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates, contractors, and customers.
Minimum Qualifications and Progression:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of three (3) years’ electric utility experience in utility operations/engineering with emphasis on design and construction practices.
- An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of general physics and mathematics with emphasis on algebra and trigonometry.
- Valid driver’s license: Yes
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: No
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, or progression or advancement: No
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting End Date: September 10, 2017