APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 8, 2016
Please note we have one position remaining located at Beaverton Line Center.
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Distribution Engineering Supervisor V (R16-342)
Beaverton Line Center
Provide supervision for all Distribution Engineering capital and maintenance activities associated with the planning, maintenance, operation and construction of distribution facilities within assigned area of responsibility. Recommend strategies, policies, and standards associated with design and construction of overhead and underground distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, customers, high reliability and quality of service. Support field operations, customer services, outage restoration and system planning. Perform all duties and represent the Company legally and ethically.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the training and mentoring of the team to develop the skills necessary to support the specification, design, construction and operation of PGE’s distribution system.
- Manage employee performance – effectively motivate, encourage, monitor, measure, and improve performance.
- Determine annual goals, monitor progress, and report status to management.
- Evaluate employees’ job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Conduct staff meetings with employees to develop teamwork, communicate company direction, and foster team and individual growth of employees.
- Support a workplace environment that demonstrates fair and equitable treatment and respect for all employees, and one that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.
- Ensure that maximum productivity and efficiency of the group is maintained.
- Mentor new engineers and monitor progress. Orchestrate on-the-job training by coordinating work and team assignments.