Directly supervises approximately six (6) non-supervisory professional and bargaining unit employees in the system engineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requires Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Typically requires fifteen (15) years of relevant engineering and project management experience including eight (8) years in the power transmission, distribution, and operations field. Demonstrated supervisory and/or team leadership experience is strongly preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) license is desirable.
A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Extensive and diverse knowledge of distribution, transmission and substation systems including its protection and control system.
• Experience in system power flow modeling and forecasting.
• Advanced understanding of distribution, transmission and substation design, estimating, project and program management and construction.
• Solid knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to electrical transmission and distribution
• Working knowledge of budgeting and analysis
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Project management
• Analytical and communication skills
• Creative thinking
• Personnel management
• Public works contracting is required.
• Supervise and effectively direct the work of others
• Collaboration and coordination
• Networking within the industry
• Facilitate public relations presentations
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment:
A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
PeopleSoft Timekeeping/HR; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Project; Primavera; general office equipment including personal computer with associated software and peripherals; and construct equipment including hand tools and heavy machinery (for the purpose of project supervision).