Company Name: Mason County PUD 3
Phone Number: (360) 426-8255
Job Title: Distribution Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: February 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
The Distribution Engineer performs engineering duties in design, project management, construction, inspection and maintenance of various electric utility facilities that accommodate system growth, automation, operation and reliability.
- Design, layout, prepare cost estimates, specifications and contracts for major distribution system projects, including overhead and underground distribution and transmission lines, subdivisions, major industrial and commercial installations, as well as substations, using recognized engineering practices and PUD standards as a basis.
- Provide project management in coordinating activities and work with contractors, consulting engineers and other agencies on design, construction and specifications of distribution, transmission and substation projects.
- As part of the GridMod initiative, provide assistance in designing and implementing systems to provide greater downstream operational visibility of the Districts substation feeders. Design new or modify existing protective relays and schemes to support GridMod.
Knowledge Skills/ Experience Required:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering.
- A minimum of four years of engineering experience with a Professional Engineering License (PE) or eight years of engineering experience without a PE License.
- Working knowledge of system protection theory, design and implementation with regards to substation protective relaying and downstream sectionalizing devices, fusing & voltage regulators.
- Experience with distribution electrical analytical software packages such as SynerGEE, WindMil or CYME. Familiarity with AutoDesk and AutoCAD.
- Experience with all aspects of a SCADA system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of single phase and three phase metering as well as experience working through power quality, harmonic and flicker concerns.
- Working knowledge of switching, tagging and related electric distribution operations procedures.
How to Apply:
TO APPLY: A completed Mason PUD 3 application must be submitted for consideration. Visit Mason PUD 3’s website at www.pud3.org/careers to download an application or apply online. Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com or mail to Mason PUD 3, PO Box 2148, Shelton, WA 98584, Attn: Human Resources.
Mason County PUD 3 is an equal opportunity employer.
To obtain a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting End Date: March 15, 2018