Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Distribution Designer – Joint Use Project Mgr
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 28, 2017
Salary: $74,406 - 88,578
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Benton PUD is looking for a Distribution Designer to fill a position in the District’s Engineering Department with primary responsibilities as the Joint Use Project Manager. The preferred candidate will have expertise in the design and field staking of electric utility overhead distribution lines and in the analysis and permitting processes required to provision joint-use pole attachments. Expertise in the interpretation and application of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) as well as experience managing pole-attachment license agreements is required. This position interfaces primarily with the District’s NISC MapWise staking and geographical information system, Osmose O-Calc Pro pole loading software and the Alden Notify pole-attachment application and notification system.
Benton PUD has developed a multi-year plan to correct code compliance and construction deficiencies related to the joint-use of our poles (Project). This position will be responsible for managing the overall Project milestones, schedule and cost and will be the District’s primary point-of-contact with pole-attachment Licensees throughout the duration of the Project. This position will perform and coordinate the work of others necessary to develop staking sheets and work orders to implement pole-attachment corrective actions and will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of any contract labor crews required by the Project. Upon completion or termination of the Project, job duties for this position will be realigned to meet the needs of the District.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/LICENSING OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- AA/AS in Engineering Technology or related field
- 7 years experience Performing distribution line design
Education Substitution: An AA/AS is preferred; however, substitution is allowed for those with an approved job-related certification in engineering technology, distribution systems, staking, or related area, with two (2) additional years of directly related experience
Licensing or Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s license.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification or obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Prefer Staking Certification or equivalent training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- MS Office
- ANSI, IEEE, NESC, NEC, and WAC standards
- Three-phase power system operating principles including system protection, voltage control, transformer connections and line switching fundamentals
- AC circuit fundamentals including voltage drop and amperage evaluations
- Fundamentals of customer electric equipment operations
- Transmission and distribution line design standards and concepts
- Material and contract labor procurement
- Project management
- ALCOA Sag/Tension Program (Overhead line design)
- OSMOSE (Pole loading analysis software)
Poly Water Pull Planner (Underground line design)
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: May 26, 2017