Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Distribution Design Tech I
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: February 26, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to work with outside customers and Engineering and Operations Department personnel under the over site of management, to design, develop, organize and coordinate construction of power and Broadband systems to meet the expectation of our customers in an assigned service area.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Manage routine customer engineering projects by planning, surveying, estimating, scheduling and coordinating purchasing aspects as needed to ensure the best and most economical solution of delivering power and Broadband.
- Assist the department with large transmission and distribution design projects as needed and assigned by assisting the Distribution Design Technician II and/or other project managers with specific tasks or work package elements.
- Ensure the efficient, safe, and responsible delivery of service by knowing thoroughly all State, County/City and BPUD policies and ensuring projects comply.
- Coordinate construction projects with Operations and Broadband personnel to ensure the design is followed with minimal changes in the field.
- Assist in keeping construction costs within budget and appropriately controlled by tracking and relaying project costs to construction crews, resolving job changes and addressing other field conflicts.
- Ensure legal rights for placement of District Facilities by preparing legal documentation as necessary for easements, quit claims, encroachment permits, pole contacts, railroad, DOT and State permits.
- Provide proper location of District facilities within easement or right-of-ways by staking projects in the field for Line Crews and Contractors.
- Deliver accurate and timely records to internal and external customers by using GIS/CAD systems to produce and update drawings of substations, construction standards, equipment, and building layouts.
- Ensure work meets NESC and WAC standards by following construction standards.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- AA – Engineering Technician or related technical field; relevant technical experience may substitute for degree
- 4 years experience as an engineering technician, or related field engineering or design experience
- 1 year AutoCAD Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
- Customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of NESC and WAC related to distribution design
- ALCOA Sag Program (overhead line design)
- OSMOSE (pole loading software)
- Poly Water Pull Planner (underground line design)
- Progressing knowledge of line calculations and other aspects of electrical and Broadband customer engineering
Licensing or Certifications:
- Must posses and maintain a valid State driver’s license.
Valid First Aid and CPR certification or obtain within 12 months of hire.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application. Internet access can be obtained through public libraries or a local WorkSource office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posting End Date: March 12, 2018