Company Name: Consumers Power, Inc.
Phone Number: (541) 929-8502
Job Title: Utility System Operators (Dispatcher)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: August 18, 2016
Salary: Commensurate w/Exp.
Salary Per: $85,000 - $110,000 DOE
Work Time: Mon-Thurs 4x10
Work Time Type: Hours
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CPI’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable electricity to our members and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all of CPI’s manually operated and SCADA operated transmission and distribution equipment. This position also monitors all real time electric system operations. The position requires that the incumbent has no restrictions on work hours and will be required to assume supervisory “on-call” duties on a rotating basis with several other individuals. The Dispatcher is responsible for training and developing employees under his or her direction in related job duties and safe practices and will assist in setting goals to improve safety, productivity and service to CPI’s members.
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
- Performs dispatching duties during normal working hours and after hours as needed. Dispatches and monitors all real time electric system operations. Responsible for the operation of manual and SCADA operated transmission and distribution equipment.
- Operates radio, computer and telephone equipment for the purpose of receiving, sending or relaying information pertinent to maintaining effective internal and external operational and maintenance communications.
- Works with Engineering Department and other utilities as necessary to schedule day to day department activities for the operation and maintenance of the electrical system.
- Writes switching orders to place transmission and distribution lines and equipment in and out of services. Authorizes and supervises switching on system, removal and return to service of lines, equipment, stations, transformers, etc. Verifies and issues clearances and holds and receives clearance and hold release for authorized work on lines and equipment.
- Dispatches and coordinates personnel in emergency switching and outage situations. Responds to Mayday calls by gathering appropriate information and dispatching EMS.
- Maintains switching and tagging records. Maintains, updates and distributes a daily Abnormal Conditions Report. Maintains a clear, concise and accurate log of activities during an assigned shift to ensure that matters of importance are properly conveyed to Dispatcher on subsequent shifts.
- Maintains accurate system outage information with an electronic outage management system and provides regular system reliability reports.
- Investigates trouble calls and complaints and provides timely response to members. Responds to power outages. Exercises tact, courtesy, and diplomacy when interacting with the public and outside control agencies in order to maintain good public image at all times. Starts emergency facility generator and transfers building load in a timely manner. Performs coordinated communications with all outside agencies in planned and emergency operation.
- Consults with Director of Operations and Engineering regarding outages, operation and maintenance requirements and contributes to long and short range maintenance planning. Assist in the preparation of written standard operating procedures. Assists in maintaining details maps and drawings of the electric system.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience and thorough knowledge in electrical line crew operations, substations, feeders, and switching/sectionalizing of the distribution and transmission system.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience as Dispatcher, Substation Wireman or Lineman; or any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to make simple arithmetic calculations such as calculating values related to kV, kW, kVar, Kva, PF, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors, and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
How to Apply:
Position is open until filled so early application is encouraged!
A complete job description is available at www.cpi.coop Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume & salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: November 3, 2016