Company Name: OREGON MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC UTILITIES ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Director
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: February 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
OREGON MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC UTILITIES ASSOCIATION (OMEU) DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
The Board of Directors for OMEU is recruiting for Director of OMEU who will represent its 11 member organization during the Oregon legislative process and on regional issues through participation in legislative and trade committees. All members of OMEU are Oregon Municipal Utilities. The Members are the City of Ashland, City of Bandon, Canby Utility Board, City of Cascade Locks, City of Drain, Forest Grove Light & Power, Hermiston Energy Services, McMinnville Water & Light, City of Milton-Freewater, City of Monmouth, and Springfield Utility Board.
Candidate will be expected to provide leadership, direction and lobbying duties that will enhance the welfare and common good for the OMEU’s eleven member municipal utilities. Works on legislative and trade association committees to represent the positions of OMEU. Responsible for coordination of a variety of administrative activities including legislative and lobbying activities, organization’s annual budget, activity reports, and the organization of various meetings of the OMEU.
The complete Director Job description including specific responsibilities and qualifications is available at omeu.org for your review. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Persons desiring to apply for the position need to submit:
- Cover Letter
- Supervisor, colleague and staff reference names and current phone numbers
- Salary history and expectations
- Two years experience in state legislative and/or regulatory process.
- Two years experience working with electric utilities is preferred.
- Three years experience in a staff position as part of a team. Education
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Political Science, Engineering, Public Administration, Business, or a closely related discipline.
- Maintain necessary lobbyist registration(s)
- Maintain valid Oregon drivers’ license
CHARACTERISTICS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE INCLUDE:
- Ability to facilitate discussions on topics to arrive at consensus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and people skills
- Proven management, planning, and organizational skills
- Creative, self-motivated with a customer-service mentality
- A legislative and regulatory advocate
- Technically savvy to ensure organizations operations utilize modern technology
- Budget-minded and cost-conscious
DESIRED SKILL SETS AND COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of local government and ORS section 190 organizations
- Working knowledge of federal, state, county and local government as well as regulatory agencies at all levels.
- Ability to manage and direct financial budgets and goals
- Ability to articulate and model principles and values of OMEU
- Ability to travel, including some weekends
- Meeting and conference planning that includes obtaining and coordinating conference facilities, program speakers, event sponsor(s), meals and logistics
- Knowledge of personal computer operations necessary for the successful performance of job duties and responsibilities.
How to Apply:
Please mail or email application materials to:
Chuck Thurman, Superintendent
Monmouth Power & Light
401 Hogan Rd
Monmouth, OR 97361
Please email Chuck Thurman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 1 – March 3, 2017
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Per Oregon Revised Statutes 408.225-237, OMEU grants a preference in hiring to veterans and disabled veterans as defined by state law. If you are eligible and wish to claim Veterans’ Preference points, please include supporting documents along with your application materials. Under ORS 408.237, veterans with skills obtained through military education or experience that substantially relates to the position should demonstrate in their cover letter how those transferrable skills satisfy the essential functions of the position as set out in the job description.
Posting End Date: March 3, 2017