Website Northwest Public Power Association
The Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA) is seeking a Director of Public Affairs. This is a senior position reporting directly to the Executive Director at our headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, and is a critical leadership position. This person leads strategy and delivery of legislative, regulatory, communications, and marketing programs for NWPPA, a regional not-for-profit association representing
consumer-owned utilities across nine western states and British Columbia.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage a dynamic team of staff and consultants overseeing government relations, regulatory policy, external communications, employee communications, brand, and marketing.
- Shape and direct the public policy agenda through awareness and advocacy on issues important to electric utilities, inform members, and guide a resolutions process in partnership with association membership.
- Provide direction and oversight over development and implementation of external marketing and communications objectives.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with NWPPA leadership, external business partners, and regional and national policymakers.
- Collaborate effectively with others in a team environment to optimize opportunities for member engagement, education, and advocacy supporting the public power mission.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in related fields, with an emphasis on policy and communications.
- Experience with federal policy and regulatory issues impacting the West preferred.
- Experience implementing communications and marketing strategies preferred.
- Results-driven, innovative, and creative thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present and translate complex information into clear narratives.
- Ability to work collaboratively toward common goals both internally and externally with national, regional, and state governments and organizations.
- Availability for significant travel as needed.
- Education – Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
This position will be open until filled. Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or to:
Executive Director, NWPPA
9817 NE 54th Street, #200
Vancouver, WA 98662
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org