Company Name: Brown & Kysar, Inc.
Phone Number: (360) 687-3966
City: Battle Ground
Job Title: Director of Design
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 8, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Director of Design will serve as the principal engineer for BKI and will be part of Leadership Team joining the Owner/President, General Manager, Director of Permitting and Civil Design, and Director of Business Development & Client Relations.
This position is responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of the Design team. The Director of Design will directly supervise/mentor 10+ design employees and subcontractors.
Develop/Manage a team to effectively “get the work done” and oversee that team to ensure production of quality work. Related activities include:
- Assign internal Resources to ensure projects are completed on-time and efficiently while maintaining the design team capacity schedule
- Maintain team culture
- Set company directives that enable growth and ensure quality
- Oversee the design overhead and underground distribution system construction projects.
- Assist clients by answering day-to-day engineering questions.
- Stamp and approve all calculations and judgements that will be given to a client in the defined areas of expertise and fill in other areas as experience allows.
- May assist clients with system outage restorations.
- May contact Federal and State officials to assure compliance with external emergency management organizations.
- Identify, develop, edit, and implement best practices, processes and procedures to achieve efficient and effective electric system operations.
- Oversee the development of standards and specifications in the defined areas of expertise.
- Manage communications with executives, customers, communities and other stakeholders regarding system conditions, restoration activities and other Company emergency conditions.
- Retain and develop staff. Assess the need for, and oversee the implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess required technical and behavioral skills to support operating plans and department responsibilities. Leads, manages, holds accountable, selects, coaches and develops staff.
- Review and approve all estimates for proposed work in the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline with a PE license in Washington, Oregon, and Nevada or the ability to obtain that license by submitting the proper information through NCEES.
- Extensive knowledge of the design, operations and maintenance of substation and electric distribution infrastructure along with comprehensive knowledge of distribution system procedures, processes and operations, including SCADA, AMI and OMS systems.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working with electric utilities in an engineering capacity.
- Minimum of five (5) years leading and managing projects and teams for design and implementation of distribution systems and outage restorations.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Eddie Jackson at email@example.com or call at 360-687-3966.
Posting End Date: May 31, 2017