Company Name: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Phone Number: (917) 974-0199
Job Title: Director of Decarbonization and Grid Innovation Programs
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: April 12, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority seeks a new Director of Decarbonization and Grid Innovation Programs.
The Director works under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer and collaborates closely with Directors and Managers to plan and design a platform and portfolio of programs to achieve SVCE goals. The new Director will:
• Work with staff, committees and the SVCE Board of Directors to set the strategic direction for SVCE Programs.
• Manage Integrated Resource Plan process in coordination with the Director of Power Resources.
• Support Director of Customer Care in program implementation.
• Form partnerships with local, state and federal agencies, national laboratories, universities, businesses, start-ups, and non-profits to create opportunities for program funding, new program markets and more effective implementation.
• Oversee the funding applications for CPUC, CEC, BAAQMD, DOE, CARB, and other sources of program grants and financing.
• Work with staff from member jurisdictions to support local climate action plans.
• Hire and mange staff, consultants, and contractors to carry out program activities, including evaluating and reporting results.
• Develop and manage a departmental budget.
• Evaluate opportunities and prioritize program work. Have the ability to be selective of program ideas, set a clear path, and avoid distractions is essential, while remaining open to helpful new input.
• Provides input into SVCE’s overall goal setting relating to greenhouse gas emissions and financial strategy.
• Participates in Director Meetings to support cross-departmental collaboration and generally to facilitate the improvement of SVCE’s operations.
• Writes staff reports and presents at scheduled Board and Committee meetings.
• Analyzes broad variety of data to assess program options, performance, or otherwise direct program activity.
The qualified candidate will possess:
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration or a related field. A Master’s Degree in engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration or a related field can substitute for up to one year of the required experience. A Doctoral Degree in engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics, business administration or a related field can substitute for up to three years of the required experience.
Experience: Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience with an electric utility, a public agency and/or private company developing policy, strategy, and program planning and design related to decarbonization, electrification, mobility, energy efficiency, including management of staff.
Compensation and Benefits…
$10,233 – $15,795 monthly, DOQ, plus a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Application and Selection Process…
The position is open until filled with initial screening beginning in early May. To be considered for this position, please submit a SVCE application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
The full class description and an SVCE application can be found at: www.SVCleanEnergy.org/Jobs
Posting End Date: May 31, 2018