Company Name: Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 524-2825
City: Baker City or La Grande, Oregon
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: December 7, 2017
This salaried position directs the Human Resources and Safety and Loss Control functions of the Cooperative. Develops, recommends and implements human resources, training, benefits, employment, safety and other personnel-related matters for the Cooperative consistent with policies and strategies as approved by the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and ongoing refinement of the Corporation’s strategic Plan. Ensure alignment of human resource strategies, policies and practices with company mission, vision, and values.
- Coordinate implementation of services, policies and programs and advise department heads, managers and supervisors about Human Resources issues.
- Formulate and drive strategically aligned succession planning and employee development for the Cooperative.
- Coordinate employee events and recognition programs.
- Oversee compilation of annual budget and work plan for department.
- Manage entirety of the hiring practices and plan and direct the wage and salary program for the Cooperative.
- Analyze the Cooperative’s benefit costs (NRECA, health insurance), recommending alternatives when necessary and presenting program changes to employees and staff. Prepare and review NRECA, health and other insurance packages.
- Provide leadership and actively participate in the recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of workforce. Oversee onboarding and orientation process for new employees.
- Take the lead in compliance and administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Develop, interpret and update company employment policies
- Keep current on all policies, procedures, rates, rules, and regulations of the Cooperative that would have a direct effect on duties and responsibilities for this position. Recommend any changes that will improve the Cooperative’s ability to better serve the membership or team.
- Manage performance management system to include formulating, training and on-going support necessary to improve overall efficiency of performance evaluation process and record keeping.
- Oversee Cooperative’s wellness program.
- Responsible for the Loss Control Department and safety of the employees and members.
- Responsibility includes final oversight regarding the investigation and follow-up for all incidents and accidents.
- Ensure that documented safety inspections take place that will keep the corporation in compliance with internal and external rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude and uphold organization values.
Special requirements/licenses: Must possess or obtain, and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
Applicants must have college degree in Business or Human Resources (preferred), seven years’ experience in the management of benefits and human resources, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, certification and/or training. This position involves frequent travel within our four district offices (Baker City, La Grande, John Day and Burns) and occasional overnight travel is required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit our web page: http://otecc.com/careers or request application materials at any WorkSource Oregon office. You may mail your completed application with resume to the attention of Human Resources, PO Box 226, Baker City, OR 97814 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials must be received or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on December 22, 2017.
Posting End Date: December 22, 2017