Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Director Corporate Treasurer #64751
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: July 24, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Director Corporate Treasurer #64751
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Corporate Treasurer driven to help us meet or beat our five year financial plan, grow our business and maximize the long term value of our company. Partnering closely with the Director Financial Planning & Budgeting, Corporate Controller and CFO, the Treasurer uses their leadership, accounting and financial know-how to bolster and maintain PSE’s financial strength, thereby supporting our mission to deliver safe, reliable and efficient service to our customers.
The Corporate Treasurer leads the development and execution of optimal financial and capital structures and reports to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer. Responsibilities include leadership of short-term funding, cash management, commercial banking, cost of capital compliance, dividend management, pension investment administration, long-term capital funding and wholesale energy credit and risk control. Critically, the Corporate Treasurer plays the lead role in managing the company’s relationships with banks and credit ratings agencies.
The ideal candidate brings strong business acumen, strategic agility, broad and deep experience in the electric and natural gas utility business and a passion to help PSE continue transforming from a traditional utility into the energy company of the future. We’re looking for a candidate to deliver our near term Treasury strategies while demonstrating the capability and desire to take on more challenges in the coming years; building our bench strength. Don’t apply if you’re looking for a traditional treasury position; apply if you want the challenge of helping us continue to transform a strong company with a 130 year history in this region. A deep Treasury background is not necessarily required if the qualifications listed below are met.
- Champions employee safety, employee development and our corporate values
- Transforms self and others in service to successful execution of PSE Integrated Strategic Plan
- Leads the development and execution of optimal financial and capital structures
- Directs Treasury Operations, Payment Processing, Insurance Risk Program and Wholesale Energy Risk Analytics, Controls and Credit functions
- Cultivates and leverages effective relationships with banks and credit ratings agencies to maintain the company’s financial strength
- Serves as subject matter expert before State and Federal regulatory bodies, Board of Directors and the company at large
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics or related field
- 10 years of diverse accounting and finance experience with 5 years of management responsibility
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and 5 years of accounting experience in a rate regulated utility industry or 10 years accounting experience in a rate regulated utility industry
- Proven ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders through effective relationships including leaders, employees, the Board of Directors, banks and ratings agencies
- Knowledge of derivative accounting and wholesale energy portfolio risk management practices
- Familiarity with cash management principles and processes including collections and disbursements
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation
- Experience testifying in utility rate cases
- Gas and/or electric utility industry experience
- Corporate governance experience including Audit Committee and Board of Directors interactions
- Demonstrated experience in finance/treasury functions including managing debt and short-term investment functions
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.pse.com/careers to apply.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide the opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: August 21, 2017