Company Name: Truckee Donner Public Utility District
Phone Number: (916) 974-0199
Job Title: Director of Administrative Services
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: September 21, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Truckee Donner Public Utility District is seeking a new Director of Administrative Services.
The Director of Administrative Services fills the role of Assistant General Manager to the District, overseeing and directing Administrative Services including customer service, billing, meter reading, purchasing, warehouse, conservation programs, finance and accounting. The next Director of Administrative Services, through its staff and management team, will be responsible for:
- District financial and statistical reports for the Board of Directors, General Manager, staff and lenders on technical finance and accounting matters including the monthly financial statements, budget reports, statement of general fund, investment report and other financial reports as required.
- Implementing and managing complex projects and programs that include business technology, information systems, capital improvements and community outreach in a highly-regulated environment.
- Consulting with management personnel on matters related to customer service, collections, purchasing, warehouse, data processing, staff training and accounting information needed for each department.
- Developing effective bi-annual departmental budgets, work plans and capital purchases; reviewing the financial performance to the budget on a monthly basis.
- Leading public sector debt reduction and bond management and publishing documents in compliance with continuing disclosure of the District’s debt.
- Collaborating with underwriters, bond counsel, and disclosure counsel to issue debt when advantageous.
- Planning, establishing, coordinating and controlling all accounting systems and procedures in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Practices for the District.
- Developing and ensuring integrity of internal control procedures and overseeing the external audit process and reporting.
- Managing cash and investments in compliance with the District’s investment policy and California Government Code.
- Preparing financial forecasts and interpreting financial and statistical data for the purpose of projecting the District’s financial needs.
The next Director of Administrative Services should be innovative, a strong communicator, and possess strong leadership, decision-making and management skills including a knowledge of the utility industry, business principles, program planning, information technology, accounting systems and applications, cost accounting, governmental budgetary practices and procedures, billing and collections as well as the ability to plan, organize and direct the work of professional and technical accounting and support staff, analyze management and fiscal issues.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or a related field, with additional training in computer operations, personnel management and customer services. Master’s degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Ten years of experience, with five years in a supervisory role, in administering the fiscal, data processing, personnel and customer services operations of a public agency, preferably an embedded utility.
For more information go to: www.tdpud.org
Highly competitive salary and benefits, including CalPERS retirement, based on qualifications.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, detailed resume and completed District application to Shellie Anderson at Bryce Consulting by October 13, 2017.
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 | Fax: 916-974-0224
Posting End Date: October 13, 2017