Company Name: NW Line JATC
Phone Number: (360) 816-7100
Job Title: Director
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: September 8, 2017
Salary: $145K plus
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40+
Work Time Type: Hours
The JATC is the Pacific Northwest’s apprentice and journeyman training program for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), providing training for the outside electrical construction and maintenance industry throughout Oregon, Washington, 10 northern Idaho counties and 3 northern counties of California.
The Training Director works under the direction of the Board of Trustees to manage the Outside Electrical Lineman Apprenticeship and Power Line Clearance and Tree Trimming Apprenticeship programs, including related program training, the Vocational Outside Line Training Academy (VOLTA) and development of future programs as directed. The qualified candidate will work closely with JATC staff, contractors and IBEW Locals as well as various industry, state and local agencies to develop, maintain and administer safety training programs.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we build a new training facility. The Training Director will have a role in the design and construction of this new facility.
Preferred candidates will have a background in management, apprenticeship and journeyman training or knowledge of training development. Candidates must also possess financial, management and interpersonal skills as well as an understanding of current safety rules and regulations. Travel is required and is not limited to the Pacific Northwest.
The successful candidate should meet the following:
- Possess cost control and budget experience.
- Maintain a professional, unbiased attitude toward the Union or Management.
- Understand the on-the-job-training aspect of apprenticeship programs.
- Can develop and modify training materials.
- Successfully demonstrated management and operations skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. Some public speaking experience is preferable.
- Some college experience especially in Business Administration is preferred.
- Proficient in PC software applications including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong convictions regarding the advancement and safety training of the industry. Overall personality, character and attitude will be considered.
- Experience teaching apprentices on the job and in the classroom is preferred but not required.
- A journeyman lineman card is preferred but not required.
- Should have knowledge of legislation directed toward the apprenticeship (e.g., Title 29 CFR Part 29, ERISA, EEO, OSHA).
- Must be a self-motivated individual and with excellent time-management skills.
- Bring and maintain a positive attitude.
How to Apply:
Resumes will be accepted from September 8 through October 6, 2017, with interviews scheduled in October 2017. Qualified applicants can expect competitive compensation with a starting salary of $145K+ and excellent benefits. Submit comprehensive resumes and references to email@example.com.
Posting End Date: October 6, 2017