Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Designer, As-Built Specialist II (R16-273)
Number of Openings: 4
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: July 15, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 29, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Designer, As-Built Specialist II
This position will be focused on ensuring that As-Builts are being processed and mapped into the GIS in a timely fashion after construction completes. The successful candidate will be responsible for updating the GIS maps based on redlines and other information that comes back from the field. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of construction terms and electrical materials as well as strong knowledge of GIS fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems with 2 years of computer assisted drafting experience
- 2 years of utility industry experience and an Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems or Computer-assisted drafting, design and theory.
- Described at the competent level.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering and design with an electrical utility is preferred
- Basic knowledge of distribution overhead and underground design standards and materials.
- Working knowledge of drafting application skills.
- Working knowledge of computer workstations, printers and plotters.
- Working knowledge of CAD theory and techniques, with minimum two years CAD experience. (MicroStation V8i & Autocad) or ESRI ArcMap equivalent
- Working knowledge of GIS (ESRI) network model
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems and theory.
- Effective visual conceptualizing, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of surveying information.
- Effective communication and human relation skills (for project coordination).
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 29, 2016