Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Design Specialist – Service & Design
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: January 10, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until January 29, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Design Specialist – Service & Design
R17 – 598
Function in a senior designer capacity, under minimal supervision. Provide design support service to Transmission Engineering for transmission and distribution improvements (cut sheet, road widening, feeder, and transmission and distribution line). This position will use the graphics-based facilities management system and design tools at PGE to design, update and maintain the electrical distribution model in the geographic information system (GIS). This position will be expected to complete simple to complex design tasks without assistance. ESRI GIS and Micro Station skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems with 4 years of computer assisted drafting experience
– OR –
- 6 years of utility industry experience and an Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems or Computer-assisted drafting, design and theory.
- Described at the competent level.
- 2 years of experience in engineering and design with an electrical utility is required
- 4+ years of experience in engineering and design with an electrical utility is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of distribution overhead and underground design standards and materials.
- Thorough knowledge of drafting application skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer workstations, printers and plotters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAD theory and techniques, with minimum four years CAD experience. (MicroStation V8i & Autocad)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS skills (Intergraph & ESRI)
- Knowledge of electrical systems and theory.
- Significant visual conceptualizing, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with surveying information.
- Effective communication and human relation skills (for project coordination).
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-598. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: January 29, 2018