Company Name: City of Gallup
Phone Number: (505) 863-1215
State/Provence: New Mexico
Job Title: Deputy Director – Electric
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 7, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide direct supervision for the electric engineering function, Coordinates with the Electric Superintendent the operation and maintenance of electrical transmission, substations, and distribution facilities and services. Participates with other agencies in the procurement, scheduling and delivery of power and energy to the City. Assists with planning for the future development of electrical facilities and resources. Provides general direction for all work related to the design, engineering, construction, maintenance, and operation of the Electric Department’s facilities. Recommends within City policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures. Assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support systems; identifies opportunities for improvement. Plans and coordinates, through subordinate engineering staff and department peers, the Electric Department’s work plan; assigns projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with key staff to identify and resolve problems. Participates in the selection, training, and evaluation of department personnel; provides or coordinates staff training. Assists with the development and administration the departmental budget; forecastsfunds needed for equipment, materials, and supplies; approves expenditures and initiates budget transfers as appropriate. Develops electric rates, structure, and analysis. Prepares, reviews, and presents staff reports including those for City Council meetings; prepares and/or reviews written correspondence on a variety of City programs and projects including current and long-range electrical projects. Interfaces with other electric utilities on the city’s behalf .Provides technical, strategic and financial information for participation on state or federal regulatory or legislative energy matters in which the City has an interest. May interface with on a variety of boards, commissions, and committees; interfaces with regulatory agencies. Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of electrical or other utilities. Maintain current knowledge of important developments at the state and federal level as they relate to the City’s electric utility. Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints. Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in electrical engineering or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the electric utility industry, including two (2) years of increasingly managerial or supervisory experience. Typical experience would include duties as an Assistant Director, Engineering or Operations Manager in an electric utility.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered for the minimum qualifications.
- Possession of one or more of the following certificates is highly desirable:
- Valid Certificate of Registration as an Electrical Engineer or Engineer-in-Training
How to Apply:
on-line only – www.gallupnm.gov/jobs
For questions: contact phone #: 505-863-1215
Posting End Date: May 31, 2018