Supervises the delivery of service to customers seeking new or improved electrical or water utility services, as well as customer service delivered at customer support centers at and away from the main headquarters location. Emphasis is on the continuous improvement of customer service business processes enabling a positive customer experience and deploying business processes that are well supported through application of best practices and new technologies, and measured for continuous quality improvement.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 40% Supervise employees to ensure quality service and maximum productivity. Responsible for personnel development, performance reviews, cross-training and hiring. Ensure safe working conditions for all personnel and oversee individual training needs. Ensure compliance with all District policies, the Collective Bargaining Agreement and all state and federal regulations.
2. EF 20% Manage the electrical and water utility service request business processes. Oversee new applications for service, processing of applications and coordination with customers and applicants regarding status of applications. Equip personnel with proper fee and rate information, operating policies and guidelines in order to provide service to customers or other stakeholders, as needed.
3. EF 10% Monitor and manage all relative service regulations, fees and rates, and adherence to the operating policies, such as facility modifications and line extensions, and District (LUD) Local Improvement District fees and charges. Assist with the formation of, building and closeout of LUD’s. Evaluate options to improve policies and procedures. Support key account management as needed.
4. EF 10% Manage the creation, processing and administration of all field work orders supporting line operations, water operations and other associated field dispatch and new services coordination work.
5. EF 10% Supervise back office functional support provided for planned and unplanned interruptions in water and electric service. Coordinate with District field operations personnel and external stakeholders as required. During emergency response activities, maintain the back office support necessary to ensure restoration of services in line with District’s Emergency Response Plan and normal outage response protocols.
6. EF 10% Support implementation of new technology platforms to ensure the District’s business case benefits are realized. Modify business processes for customer service as needed to accomplish project goals. Examples of automation projects may include advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), geographical information system (GIS), mobile workforce management systems (MWF), customer information system (CIS), outage management systems, etc.
7. EF Ongoing Monitors departmental spending and activities, and reports on budgetary and operational performance. Contributes to budget development and business planning.
8. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
9. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
Directly supervises seven (7) employees in the Field Services Office, the Customer Service Office, and outlying Office Support Staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.