Company Name: Chelan PUD
Job Title: Customer Outreach Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: June 12, 2017
Salary: $57,680 - $75,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
The position will be filled at level I or II based on applicant skills and abilities. The incumbent facilitates and promotes open and timely information exchange between the District and customers, customer groups and business partners to enable customers to experience outstanding service (level II incumbents lead these actions). Develops and leads customer or stakeholder outreach efforts for specific projects or activities with moderate stakeholder impacts in coordination with District technical experts (level II incumbents lead more complex outreach efforts). Assists in managing key account communications and with facilitation of key account services. Monitors and tracks results of outreach efforts and provides reports to management. Level II incumbents will manage key accounts and identify opportunities for improvements to customer service programs.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration and at least two years’ demonstrated progressively responsible customer facing communications, customer project support, or public outreach experience preferably in the utility industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience designing customer outreach plans is preferred.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Customer Utilities programs, projects, and activities.
• Basic knowledge of utility industry operations and activities
• Basic knowledge of Customer Utilities fees, charges, and typical operating policies such as, but not limited to, facility modifications, line extensions and new services.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; strong interpersonal skills; presentation skills; and good organizational skills
• Adaptable and open-minded to new situations or directives; identify potential reputational issues and significant customer issues; communicate technical information clearly to lay audiences both in writing and through public speaking; and interact with staff, key customers and other stakeholders
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.chelanpud.org with a cover letter and resume addressing the following information:
1. Describe overall interest in the position and general related experience.
2. Detail specific experience designing and/or executing outreach that ensures stakeholders (internal and/or external customers, employees, regulators and/or agencies and others that have an interest in a project or process) have opportunities to provide input on issues that affect them.
For example, outreach/engagement with stakeholders may include education about a company or community action, process or policy that may include the need for newsletters, advertisements and/or surveys, and focus groups, public meetings, open houses or workshops and forums.
To expedite the process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document BEFORE APPLYING and upload electronically when requested in the online application process. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
Posting End Date: June 28, 2017