Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Customer Experience Consultant 2
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: May 13, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
IT SCADA Systems Manager
Enterprise Applications; Portland, OR
May 12, 2016
NW Natural offers an IT Manager opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for overall leadership of the IT team that manages SCADA systems in support of safe monitoring and control of NW Natural’s gas transmission/distribution systems and storage plants. Position provides leadership and day to day management and is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the function and its relationship with operations.
Position Essential Functions:
- Lead IT team responsible for configuration, development, administration and maintenance of primary SCADA applications, as well as its associated data polling applications and interfaces with field remote terminal units (RTU’s) and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Participate in strategy and long range planning processes within areas of responsibility in support of gas operations and IT strategies. Proactively engage with gas control and gas operations on new technology trends.
- Manage resources, plan deliverables/milestones and oversee deliverables in support of operational and IT objectives.
- Serve as a primary contact on all system issues and future functionality needs of the company related to the areas of responsibility.
- Proactively manage processes to resolve problems and provide support to system operators on the use of the SCADA systems. Ensure all issues in the areas of responsibility are answered and resolved effectively according to the established service level agreements.
- Facilitate and lead simple to complex projects, directing developers from a technical perspective in support of operational needs.
- Partner and maintain close alignment with gas control, engineering, telecommunications as well as with other IT departments
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the team. Coach and mentor team members with regards to current performance and future development.
- Advocate and enforce applicable standards, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage vendor relationships for areas of responsibility.
- Provide on-call (24-hour) systems support, on a rotating basis, with other Gas Management/Control systems team members.
- Participate as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation, data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophies and directives of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Develops, trains, and mentors individual and team members with documentation and ongoing performance feedback; recognizes accomplishments and provides cross-training opportunities when applicable.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership and decision-making behaviors; maintains technical job knowledge and personal skill development. Committed to coaching and developing employees.
- Support company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience; advanced degree desirable.
- 7 years of progressively responsible related experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience managing direct reports or project teams including developing, training, and coaching others.
- Experience in designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and commissioning HMI/SCADA applications and demonstrated problem solving skills using SCADA systems and architectures is required.
- Strong technical project management and/or leadership skills including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities.
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner (oral/written) to many different audiences (customers, peers and upper management) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and encourage collaboration among a team of IT and business resources to effectively and efficiently accomplish established goals is required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to investigate complex business problems in detail, diagnose, and provide an effective and efficient alternative is required.
- Strong change management and control systems security experience is a preferred.
- Experience in design, development, testing and implementation of controls programming for RTUs/PLCs is required.
- Knowledge of natural gas business is preferred.
- Subject to random drug testing.
Salary Range: $96,100-$117,700-$139,350 (Grade 23) depending on qualifications
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Deadline: May 27, 2016
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: May 27, 2016