Company Name: NW Natural
Job Title: Customer Experience Consultant 2
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: December 2, 2016
Salary: $58,450.00 - $84,750.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Purpose of Position:
Represents NW Natural to new and existing customers to initiate and fulfill promotion of services utilizing knowledge of NW Natural’s investment requirements, policies, procedures and service offerings. Manages complex projects to ensure company requirements and customer satisfaction benchmarks are met. Manages the concerns of customers and addresses issues, questions, and disputes.
Position Essential Functions:
- Actively participates in and promotes all aspects of marketing programs.
- Assists customers with equipment comparisons and comparative energy rates, Determines readiness to buy, refers appropriate leads to contractors, identifies applicable programs, coordinates the installation of service line and equipment, and coordinates financial arrangements for customers.
- Interfaces frequently with appropriate Company staff towards completion of gas service/meter installation for new customers.
- Determines financial feasibility of complex projects. Maintains comparative fuel cost comparisons to effectively defend gas benefits for customer comparisons.
- Manages construction projects internally, ensuring appropriate documentation and system updates are captured accurately.
- Manages customer/trade allies’ expectations, resolves or escalates customer/trade ally issues, and acts as internal customer/trade ally advocate when appropriate.
- Exercises strong communication, independent judgment, negotiation, and problem solving skills to ensure timely promotional fulfillment based on customer needs. Builds positive relationships with customers and NW Natural departments by partnering with them to proactively develop services and solutions.
- Influences and educates trade allies about gas equipment, processes, rates, and programs.
- Negotiates and manages customers’ expectations, employs critical thinking, judgment, and attention to detail to resolve progressively complex customer issues resolves and/or escalates problems. Acts as internal customer advocate when appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for process changes (internal focus) by building the case for change and working across NW Natural work groups to identify opportunities and solutions for improvement.
- Participates on and contributes to intra- and inter-departmental teams to address customer service requirements such as increasing customer satisfaction and those which concern NW Natural’s service, product, business, or regulatory developments.
- Assures continuous compliance with NW Naturals tariffs and policies including maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Provides superior customer service to address customer concerns or implement service improvements.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales/account management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, theories, and approaches, including sales promotions, market advertising, finance, and economics. This knowledge may typically be acquired through 4+ years of applied sales/marketing experience; and/or applicable college-level training/degree with a marketing emphasis.
- Experience with financial modeling.
- Knowledge of NW Natural’s products and services. Ability to learn and apply knowledge of natural gas equipment and its applications, supply conditions, competitive advantages and availability.
- Track record of presenting self as a positive representative of the organization; projects confidence, alertness, and energy; ability to grasp the nuances of appropriate behavior for the situation.
- Experience with project management methodologies and managing projects.
- Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion skills. Ability to respond to customer and trade allies with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to be self-managed, analyze customer situation, and apply skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to apply them to various Company systems and word-processing, spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Knowledge and ability to read and apply construction practices and techniques, and read/understand architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to influence others to modify their positions and/or negotiate to an acceptable solution.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, apply and develop procedures while working in a team environment; making independent decisions with partial information and limited supervision.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and some weekends if needed.
- Must be self- driven and motivated to influence.
- Must be team oriented and enjoy working in an open and highly collaborative environment.
- Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must have good follow through with trade ally or customer.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: Dec 16th, 2016
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: December 16, 2016