Website Cowlitz PUD
NOW OFFERING A 4-10 WORK SCHEDULE. Monday to Thursday 7 am to 5:30 pm.
Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
Are you looking to join an Accounting team that is motivated, experienced and knowledgeable? Cowlitz PUD’s Accounting Business Unit is seeking an Accountant who is analytical, detail-oriented and organized with a positive attitude to join their team.
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
Compensation Philosophy: Cowlitz PUD is committed to providing a fair and competitive compensation program to attract, retain and reward high-performing employees at all levels. Cowlitz PUD staff positions are set in pay ranges as determined by a market based salary study and salaries are determined by evaluating a candidate’s experience and qualifications as well as organizational pay equity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining the financial accuracy of the District’s work orders, plant account records and depreciation. This position will help in the preparation of our annual audit, perform general accounting and bookkeeping duties and assist with other accounting needs.
EXPERIENCE, WORKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of three (3) years recent associated work experience performing accounting functions with specific experience in cost accounting, standard costs, payroll and general accounting.
- Must have a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures with strong bookkeeping skills.
- Experience working with integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Experience with electric utility accounting practices is preferred.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed in the office Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Remote work is not available for this position.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
- Completed NEOGOV online application.
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.