Website Cowlitz PUD
Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
Are you looking for a motivated and experienced Safety Manager to join our Cowlitz PUD’s Operations Business Unit. If your are a team player, create at communication, organized and have knowledge in Safety compliance, this could be the perfect job for you!
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
Cowlitz PUD Compensation Philosophy: Cowlitz PUD is committed to providing a fair and competitive compensation program to attract, retain and reward high-performing employees at all levels. Cowlitz PUD staff positions are set in pay ranges as determined by a market based salary study and salaries are determined by evaluating a candidate’s experience and qualifications as well as organizational pay equity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safety Manager is responsible for planning, developing and administering all safety programs, safety training and safety initiatives to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment for all District employees. This position leads safety improvements ensuring that all Business Units are pursuing relentless improvement in safety performance and that the District is continuously measuring its’ performance against the best in the industry. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations and is instrumental in helping to establish and maintain a culture of safety at the District.
Experience, Working Conditions and Other Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in safety, health, industrial hygiene, or related field and at least five (5) years of experience and/or training in safety field.
• Completion of a credited apprenticeship program with a minimum of five (5) years journeymen experience in construction and maintenance of electrical systems with a minimum of five (5) years utility experience.
• Master’s degree in safety, health, industrial hygiene, or related field
• Associated Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Utility Safety Administrator Certification (CUSA).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Thorough understanding of WAC Chapter 296-24 (General Safety & Health Standards) & WAC 296-45 (Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution)
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions to assist and supervise field workers
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Completed NEOGOV online application.
2. Supplemental questionnaire responses
3. Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
4. Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.