Website Cowlitz PUD
NOW OFFEREING A 4-10 SCHEDULE! MONDAY THRU THURSDAY 6 AM TO 4:30 PM!
Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
We are looking for skilled Journeyman Lineman to join our Cowlitz PUD’s Operations Business Unit. If your are a team player, interested in working in the electric utility field, and want to be close to home each night, this could be the perfect job for you!
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cowlitz PUD Lineman builds, maintains, and troubleshoots the District’s electrical system. They also perform service disconnects and installs and maintain area streetlights. Daily activities include but are not limited to working with low and high voltage conductors, building new capital projects, or maintaining existing capital assets, and installing/ removing services. Cowlitz PUD does about 95% of their own work and our lineman receive a depth of knowledge and skills by working on all types of electrical systems.
EXPERIENCE, WORKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) with no air brake restrictions.
- Must adhere to the District’s residency requirements for response workers.
- Must have completed a sanctioned Lineman Apprenticeship, including the use of live line tools.
- Demonstrated experience operating a PC, laptop, or tablet.
- Experience working for a Public Utility
- The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed mainly outside in all weather conditions.
- Working schedule is Monday to Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm. Remote work is not available for this position.
- Performs work as in compliance with the District Union Contract Bargaining Agreement and WAC 45.
- Work will be performed in the field with need to wear proper personal protection equipment (PPE) and perform work adhering to all safety standards.
- Must be capable of heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, day, or night, in all weather conditions.
- Must work evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime for emergency outage situations.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
- Completed NEOGOV online application.
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.