Website Cowlitz PUD
Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
Are you looking to join a well experienced, results driven Fleet Mechanic team with a strong sense of Safety and Accuracy? Cowlitz PUD’s Operations Business Unit is seeking an experienced Fleet Mechanic who is detail oriented and organized with a positive attitude.
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
We are looking for a Fleet Mechanic to assist with ensuring the District’s fleet is working efficiently, safely, and in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations by performing highly skilled mechanical work in the repair, maintenance, and overhaul of gasoline and diesel, trucks, construction equipment, aerial devices, trailers and other power and non-power equipment.
Qualified Applicants will have these Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Class A CDL with no air brake restrictions
- Must adhere to the District’s residency requirements for response workers.
- Minimum of five (5) of experience in the repair, overhaul and maintenance of a variety of light, medium and heavy construction vehicles and heavy power equipment and one of the following: Completion of recognized automotive and diesel apprenticeship program, or Graduation from a recognized automotive or truck mechanic vocational program or applicable military training, or AA in Automotive and Diesel Mechanics
Desirable applicants will have these qualifications:
- Ten or more years’ experience in the repair, overhaul and maintenance of a variety of light, medium and heavy construction vehicles and heavy power construction equipment.
- Welding certification
- Fabrication experience
This position is a Union position paid hourly and hours can vary between day shift and swing shift. Fleet Mechanics mainly work in our Fleet shop, however they may be called out to assist in the field if needed.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Completed NEOGOV online application.
2. Supplemental questionnaire responses
3. Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
4. Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.