Website Cowlitz PUD
Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
We are looking for an entry level Drafter to join our Cowlitz PUD Customer Engineering Team. If you are excellent at communication, detail oriented, and enjoy technical work with a strong desire to help the public this job may be a great fit for you.
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
This is a union position starting at $30.74 per hour. Drafting Technicians work Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Engineering Drafter Technician, you will perform engineering drafting and work coordination, applying District Standards, Customer Service Policies and Construction Practices, under the general supervision of the Customer Engineering Manager. You will also have the opportunity to learn how to locate and perform these duties when needed.
EXPERIENCE, WORKING CONDITIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must have completed Lower Columbia College (LCC) MATH 106 (Industrial Mathematics) or equivalent for college algebra and right-angle trigonometry courses with average or better grades or pass an equivalency/challenge test proctored by LCC for MATH 106 or equivalent experience.
- Must have completed a basic computer drafting course with average or better grades or pass an Intro to Mapwise Training Course offered by Cowlitz PUD GIS Department.
- Knowledge of how to use personal computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Must have above average mechanical aptitude, listening and writing skills as determined by testing provided by Cowlitz PUD employment testing.
- A two (2) year technical degree in electrical technology, engineering technology or computer aid drafting or related field from an accredited college or a certificate in electrical technology from a vocational/technical school.
- Minimum two years as Engineering Aide or equivalent experience
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed in the office or in the field Monday through Thursday 7:00AM to 5:30PM. Remote work is not available for this position.
- Performs work in compliance with the District Union Contract Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Work may be performed in the field with need to wear proper personal protection equipment (PPE) and work in all weather conditions.
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
- Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:Completed NEOGOV online application.
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.