Cowlitz PUD is one of the top employers in Cowlitz County and we want you to join our team!
Are you looking to join a Transmission and Distribution Engineering team that is motivated, experienced and knowledgeable? Cowlitz PUD’s Engineering Business Unit is seeking an experienced Distribution Designer Specialist who is detail oriented and organized with a positive attitude to join their team.
Come help us power the future!
Our Mission: Provide customers safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable electricity.
Our Vision: Connecting customers to energy to power Cowlitz County’s future.
Compensation Philosophy: Cowlitz PUD is committed to providing a fair and competitive compensation program to attract, retain and reward high-performing employees at all levels. Cowlitz PUD staff positions are set in pay ranges as determined by a market based salary study and salaries are determined by evaluating a candidate’s experience and qualifications as well as organizational pay equity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Distribution Designer Specialist provides design and project management for planned capital improvement work, improvements to serve subdivisions and commercial complexes and system maintenance work.
This is a staff position that works Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm in an office setting.
Experience, Working Conditions and Other Requirements:
Qualified Candidates will have these minimum qualifications:
- Associates degree in applicable engineering field or two-year technical degree from an accredited college or vocational school in applicable electrical technology.
- Five to Eight (5-8) years’ experience working in utility customer engineering or related field. An equivalent of education and experience may be qualifying.
Desirable applicants will have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Experience with the NISC software system
Your application will not be reviewed if these items are missing or incomplete.
Applications are reviewed after the posting closes. Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
- Completed NEOGOV online application.
- Supplemental questionnaire responses
- Cover letter describing how your skills and experience align with the stated job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Current résumé indicating relevant experience and education.
Offers of employment are contingent on verification of information provided by the applicant as part of the application process, including potential background check, pre-placement physical exam, and full driver's abstract.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.