Website Copper Valley Electric Association
Copper Valley Electric Association is accepting applications for the position of Instrumentation & Controls Technician. This position is part of a retirement succession plan, giving the selected applicant the opportunity to train with and learn from the Communications & Controls Engineer for a period of up to one year. If you are hungry, humble, smart, and looking for an excellent career at an exceptional local company, please review this position information and consider submitting your application. This position is open until filled.
- Position will be located in Glennallen or Valdez, Alaska
- A valid, or the ability to obtain, Alaska Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to travel between CVEA’s Valdez and Copper Basin districts and to remote locations, on both a scheduled and emergency basis
- Associates degree in electronics or successful completion of electronics technician trade school with two years applicable work experience, or high school diploma/GED and five years applicable work experience
- Designs, operates, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic equipment, computers, microprocessors, and programmable logic controllers
- Maintains CVEA’s protection, control, communication, and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) systems
- Assists the Communication & Controls Engineer in maintaining CVEA’s generation, energy delivery, and operations communication systems
- Assists the Information Systems Technician in maintaining office equipment
The Instrumentation & Controls Technician reports to the Power Generation Manager. There is a six-month probationary period for the successful applicant.
CVEA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.Additional Information:
CVEA’s application process is strictly confidential.
This position is open until filled, with applications being reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interviews may be conducted at any time. Comprehensive reference and background checks will be performed.
A complete application packet is required for consideration and must include a CVEA application. Resumes may be submitted in addition to the application. Resumes submitted without the application will not be considered. An electronic application is preferred.
Candidates who possess the best overall match for CVEA’s outlined criteria may be initially interviewed via telephone by the position’s immediate supervisor or department manager. Any onsite interview arrangements will be made by and expenses will be paid by CVEA. Some relocation assistance is applicable for the selected candidate.
For more information about this excellent opportunity to live and work in Valdez or Glennallen, Alaska, call or forward questions and information to Lindsay Malone, HR/Accounting Manager, at 907-822-8305, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvea.org.