Website Copper Valley Electric Association
Copper Valley Electric Association is accepting applications for the position of Line Foreman in the Copper Basin (Glennallen) District.
- Upon hire, reside in the district in which they are normally assigned to work, and must fulfill residence requirements as defined in Sec. 8.1(1) of the current working agreement between CVEA and the IBEW
- Must possess an Alaska Certificate of Fitness for power lineman, or obtain within 90 days of reporting for duty
- Must possess or obtain a Class A CDL and a safe driving record
- Must be able to perform First Aid/CPR and pole top rescue
- Physical examination, including required drug and alcohol screening, which releases the successful applicant to perform the essential functions of the Line Foreman
- Directs the construction and maintenance of rural electric distribution and transmission lines
- Performs maintenance to substation facilities as required
- Directs the line crew in a manner that will make the most effective use of time and equipment
- Responsible for the safety of the line crew, ensuring safe work practices are followed
- Responsible for training and mentoring of line crew and apprentices
The Line Foreman reports to the Operations Manager. This position is compensated at $60.72 per hour in accordance with the IBEW Local 1547 contract and offers an excellent comprehensive benefit program. There is a 1,040-hour probationary period for the successful applicant. This position is open until filled.
CVEA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.Additional Information:
CVEA’s application process is strictly confidential. This position is open until filled, with applications being reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interviews may be conducted at any time. Comprehensive reference and background checks will be performed.
A complete application packet is required for consideration and must include a CVEA application. Resumes may be submitted in addition to the application. Resumes submitted without the application will not be considered. An electronic application is preferred.
Candidates who possess the best overall match for CVEA’s outlined criteria may be initially interviewed via telephone by the position’s immediate supervisor or department manager. Any onsite interview arrangements will be made by and expenses will be paid by CVEA. Some relocation assistance is applicable for the selected candidate.
For more information about this excellent opportunity to live and work in Glennallen, Alaska, call or forward questions and information to Lindsay Malone, HR/Accounting Manager, at 907-822-8305, or via email at email@example.com. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at either CVEA location.
To apply for this job please visit www.cvea.org.