Website Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative
To provide highly accurate geospatial data/mapping administrative services and skills in the creation, maintenance, and development of the Geographic Information System/Facilities Management System (GIS) while coordinating, assisting, training, and supporting all departments as required.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manage the Cooperative’s Engineering functions
1. Responsible for the control and maintenance of the geospatial-data/mapping for Coos Curry Electric Cooperative (CCEC) while supporting the geographical-data needs of the different service areas of the company.
2. Facilitate integration with other company systems/databases such as UPN, FieldPro, Catalyst, Survey123, etc.
3. Update the GIS from other data files (outside sources) as received, such as County data layers.
4. Perform GIS maintenance to include but not be inclusive to: server, domain, and web services.
5. Conduct queries of the GIS data when requested or needed to acquire specific data needed for exports, reports, etc.
6. Observe and plan future GIS enhancements/additions fiscally as well as how future data will integrate with existing work processes.
7. Update GIS system from CCEC Work Orders, Service Orders, and other data sources as provided.
8. Maintain electric connectivity to facilitate the creation of engineering models, staking data and Outage Management System (OMS) exports.
9. Generate/prepare forms, reports, and exports as needed for management or other departments as assigned.
10. Ensure the GIS provides excellent records to the engineering and operations staff as well as the OMS and EA modules while maintaining integration with the Customer Information System (CIS) and Pole Table databases.
11. Perform easement research, prepare line construction contracts and easement documents for the Engineering Aide when needed as backup, training and/or assistance.
12. Provide AutoCAD services as requested for needs such as (but not limited to): drawing new subdivisions not yet shown on county data layers in the GIS, evacuation maps within each office and creating construction unit drawings.
13. Conduct work order research as required for mapping and district requirements.
14. Quickly and reliably analyze, map and plot infrastructure as required.
15. Create Access databases as needed to facilitate departmental needs.
16. Provide communication and documentation on GIS project status to departments and management.
17. Provide training and information on GIS as needed.
18. Provide courteous and professional staff support.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Collaboration Skills.
5. Teamwork Capacity.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative operates on a four/ten work schedule.
Ability to travel to the different area offices as required. Occasional travel to training seminars and/or conferences.
1. Associate’s Degree in Geographic/GIS Computer systems preferred.
2. Minimum five years of related professional experience required.
3. Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Access, and ESRI GIS strongly preferred.
4. Rural electric cooperative experience preferred.
5. Valid Oregon driver’s license and insurability.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Strong MS Office Suite skills.
2. Reliable transportation for getting to work.
3. Must be free from illegal drugs; may be subject to random and /or suspicion testing.
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform Human Resources at 541-332-8835 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit ccec.coop.