Website Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative, Inc
The Member Services Supervisor supervises the member services representative team and ensures that quality customer service standards are being met. The positions provides coaching, leadership and guidance to make sure cooperative policies, procedures and processes are being followed and implemented equally at all four area offices.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of the Member Services Representatives 50%
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities including but not limited to planning, scheduling, delegating, appraising, coaching, counseling, training and leadership; supports corporate business systems and policies, procedures, and practices relative to supervisory responsibilities.
- Displays a participative style by encouraging constructive handling of conflict, providing and accepting feedback. Encourages colleagues to use creativity in an effort to find ways to eliminate unnecessary tasks and to streamline others. Assists staff in understanding how the cooperative’s goals are best accomplished. Takes genuine interest in the development of employees who report to him/her. Conveys respect for all employees and members; and encourages the same in others.
- Communicates the Cooperative’s Mission Statement, Strategic Goals and policies as they relate to the member services area to establish direction and to obtain understanding and commitment by the employees under his/her supervision.
- Develops recommendations regarding departmental policies and procedures to accomplish approved program goals through the most effective and efficient utilization of available resources.
- Ensures that members are being treated with dignity, respect and compassion and that established policies and procedures are being implemented consistently and fairly.
- Provide guidance and direction for member service representatives in situations which are complex, out of the ordinary and/or without precedent. Personally handle the customer service issues of the most complex and sensitive nature, making independent decisions to bring satisfactory resolution.
- Responsible for scheduling member service representatives to ensure adequate coverage in each area office.
- Responsible for written and electronic member communications to include the Ruralite magazine, social media and address other online member concerns.
- Participates in community events as needed.
Process Improvement 25%
Analyze and evaluate existing and proposed policies, practices, procedures, and techniques and provide recommendations for improvement. Assist with strategy development and implementation as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the Member Services Representatives.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative operates on a four/ten work schedule.
Ability to travel to the different district offices required. Occasional travel to training seminars and/or conferences.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience in Customer/Member Service field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Customer/member service experience with an electric utility preferred.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and insurability.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong MS Office Suite skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Reliable transportation for getting to work.
- Must be free from illegal drugs; may be subject to random and /or suspicion testing.
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform Human Resources at 541-332-8835 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit cooscurryelectric.recruiterbox.com.