Website Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative
To provide effective and efficient operation, maintenance and construction activities on energized or de-energized lines. To perform, in a safe manner, all tasks associated with construction, maintenance and operation of an electrical system. To be constantly alert and aware of hazards involved in the work being performed; and to be thoroughly trained in the art of administering First Aid and CPR.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Remain fully informed of established and accepted construction and maintenance practices.
2. Participate as a member of the construction or maintenance crew and perform all assignments and duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
3. Ability to climb by use of climbers and body belt (approximate weight of equipment and tools: 40lbs), poles and/or structures as required.
4. Lift weights, both on the ground and aloft, from 20 lbs. to 100 lbs. Work hot line tools from the pole at distances 6-8 feet from the work being performed.
5. Knowledge and ability to use all tools, devices, vehicles, materials and equipment common to the line craft.
6. Perform any and all work connected with the maintenance, operation, and construction of electrical facilities in an efficient manner.
7. Assist Foreman by being responsible for the safety of personnel connected with the job.
8. Possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License Class A
9. Have capability of installing and reading test meters in the field.
10. Sectionalize and switch according to authorized operating procedures.
11. Patrol, when required, and record findings of needed maintenance.
12. Locate and correct cause of service interruptions.
13. Operate substations, regulators and capacitors, when authorized.
14. Do line work on energized conductors in accordance with National and State Electrical and Safety Codes.
15. Install transformer banks, regulator banks, and sectionalizing equipment.
16. Assist in conducting voltage and load surveys.
17. Check meter sockets for proper voltage when installing or changing meters.
18. Actively participate in tailgate meeting prior to beginning work on any job to be aware of all potential hazards and reinforce safe working practices.
19. Performs work according to the Cooperative’s accepted procedures (REA construction standards, service installation standards, PUC regulations, etc.)
20. Continuously inspects the system during regular travel, reporting any known hazardous condition that exists on the lines or stations.
21. Executes the functions of switching or substation operation when directed.
22. Knowledgeable in electrical fundamentals, operation, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
23. Knowledgeable in reading electrical circuit maps, electrical circuit diagrams, and staking sheets.
24. Assists in the apprenticeship training program according to standards.
25. Constantly alert and aware of surroundings and the potential hazards of work being performed.
26. Ability to perform aerial rescue from the pole.
27. Must be available for rotating standby assignment which includes weekends and holidays and overtime as required for restoration of power or public safety.
28. Promote good morale, working relations with all CCEC employees and perform work in a professional manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Collaboration Skills.
5. Effective Leadership Skills.
This position is exposed to external weather conditions including rain sleet, snow, etc., as well as varying degree of cold and hot temperatures. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position requires the ability to stand and walk during most of the workday and climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Also required are repetitive movements of your hands, arms, shoulders, and fingers to handle or feel various items. This position will be exposed to extreme weather, rain, snow, sleet, high winds, and heat and is required to walk on uneven terrain and drive company vehicles daily.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative operates on a four/ten work schedule.
Ability to travel to the different district offices required. Occasional travel to training seminars and/or conferences.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Flaggers card, Hyster card, CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne pathogens card.
3.“Pole Top Rescue”
4. Understanding of 29 CFR 1910.269 Subpart R OSHA regulations.
5. Experience in operating Bucket Trucks, Digger Derrick, forklifts, and chain saws.
6. Rural electric cooperative experience preferred.
7. Valid Oregon CDL Class A and insurability.
8. Must be free from illegal drugs; may be subject to random and /or suspicion testing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Principles of electric theory as applied to circuits and wiring systems.
2. Principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
3. Basic methods, procedures, materials, and tools used in electrical installation and maintenance.
4. Safe work practices.
5. Strong MS Office Suite skills.
6. Reliable transportation for getting to work.
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform Human Resources at 541-332-8835 or email@example.com if you require an accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit ccec.coop.