APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Coordinator, Engineering and Design Services (R18-104)
This position works within the Engineering & Design department on the creation and assembly of essential job elements and coordinates the work flow through the design process. Act as a point of contact to both internal and external customers while consulting with the Engineer / Service & Design Project Manager in order to provide reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections.
You will support our journey by:
- Responsible for providing the Engineers and Service & Design Project Managers (SDPM) with essential project support. (60%)
- Perform permitting activities such as specialized permitting related to parking, traffic and control plans, bike lane closures, and general municipal permitting requirements. Design Coordinator will be responsible for identifying the required permits and providing the appropriate documentation for PSLD to process and secure the permitting on behalf of PGE.
- Create the outage notification form and attach it to the work order in MAXIMO.
- Work with Property Services to investigate any easement related issues or specialized permitting (i.e. ODOT, Railroad, etc.) required for a specific job. In addition fill out the appropriate departmental request forms.
- Within MAXIMO, for each work order, manage all tasks and prerequisites to ensure that all of the appropriate one’s are populated. In the event an addition or removal needs to be made the employee will be responsible to make those changes within the system in consultation with the SDPM.
- Provide field support at pre-design conferences.
- Provide field support for basic tasks such as staking activities and marking areas for future underground locating.
- Provide follow up field visits in order to gather additional design information for the Engineer/SDPM.
- Print, mail, and process Line Extension Cost Agreements (LECAs).
- Serve as a liaison to external customers as it relates to providing job status updates and requesting additional design information. Follow up with customers on their Line Extension Cost Agreements to ensure that the job continues to move forward through life cycle progression.
- Serve as a liaison between internal customers and the SDPM.
- Review and identify when work orders can be submitted to the As-built group for processing.
- Maintain the customer design due date in the appropriate system.
- Serve as a lead worker for contracted coordinator employees. Provide guidance and hands on training.
- Responsible for processing non-design work orders.
- Perform basic electrical calculations (i.e. fault current data, small scale solar transformer verifications, etc.).
- Serve as the department report gatekeeper.
- Generate and work departmental specific reports.
- Provide follow-up summaries of reporting and update company records as appropriate.
- Build and maintain company databases (i.e. transmission maintenance, large projects, Customer Commitment Date, etc.).
- Investigate and reconcile system issues/inaccuracies due to system/work group misinformation, limited or non-existent information, or contradictory information in regards to work order continuity.
- Initiate and update tickets in the National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS) database. (10%)
- Provide effective coordination and communication with other utility licensees as a precursor to any type of construction to be completed on company’s overhead facilities.
- Interpret the appropriate contract language and how it applies to each licensee as it relates to pole transfer requirements.
- Work with PSLD to ensure that municipalities have been notified when a pole stub has been removed from the site.
- Initiate follow up work orders and facilitate effective processing with all vested team members. (10%)
- Serve as a liaison with others work groups within the company to identify the most appropriate work order owner (i.e. Repair Dispatch, PSLD, Line Operations, Service & Design, Power Quality, T&D Project Engineering)
- Review MAXIMO portlets and evaluate if follow up work is required and create the appropriate work order.
- Perform field visits to confirm specific work activities have been completed.
- Create follow-up work orders as required.
- Review works for completeness prior to as-built mapping. Add required information or initiate follow-up work or field checks as needed.
- Identifies areas of improvement and provides a proposal to management. Once approved, implement the revised process improvements.
- During storm events, this role will be called upon to provide outage support as deemed appropriate by PGE.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- High School diploma.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license with no restrictions of use.
- Successful candidates will have 2-4 years of applicable energy industry experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the PGE Outage Management (OMS), MAXIMO, GIS, ArcFM Viewer, eRecords, and PeopleSoft is preferred.
- General knowledge on how to interpret PGE system map features/legends, ability to identify map grids, and use feeder maps is preferred.
- General knowledge of the PGE Electric Service Manual is preferred.
- General knowledge of PGE tariffs is preferred.
- General knowledge of fundamentals of electricity.
- General knowledge of one or more jurisdictional permitting requirements.
- General knowledge of National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated. Independent judgment and initiative required.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Extremely flexible.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES (what reasoning and decision-making activities are involved in performing job)
- Must be physically able to work in adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time, including but not limited to snow, ice and extreme wind.
- May be required to walk on uneven and unimproved surfaces, possibly climb fences, and perform other physical tasks while working in the field.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and highly organized.
- Able to cope with considerable ambiguity and change while remaining calm and professional.
- Ability to take the initiative and direct own work according to business needs and priorities.
- Ability to adapt communication style to audiences with different needs.
- Ability to perform complex work assignments with little or no direction.
- Ability to adapt to changing processes, procedures, and priorities quickly and productively.
- Ability to evaluate competing priorities and balance workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to provide timely support to internal and external requests for information or services.
- Ability to produce documents and reports, often with quick turnaround, for use by professional and senior management.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to switch tasks in response to changing priorities and immediate client needs.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately and completely.
- Ability to work during periods of severe inclement weather, including overtime.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-104. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING