Company Name: City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Contract Program Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: March 6, 2018
Salary: $84,614.40 - $108,472.00
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power, Transmission and Distribution (T&D), is seeking to fill a position in the Business & Financial Management Group. This position performs sophisticated and complex duties associated with all phases of contract development, negotiation and administration of material, service and public works construction contracts. Duties support a variety of areas related to T&D’s delivery of services including, but not limited to, contract management, financial stewardship, and organizational performance.
This position requires a high performing, critically thinking, analytical, and experienced self-starter with excellent leadership skills, written and oral communication skills, customer service skills, and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. The position will work closely with the Power Warehouse, Purchasing Division, City’s Attorney Office and senior management staff in addition to interaction with vendors, distributors and manufacturing representatives. T&D culture values safety, communication, accountability, professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Manage all phases of development, evaluation, negotiation and awarding of material, service and public works construction contracts in compliance with City policy, procedures, code and Washington State law.
- Prepare proposal and bid specification documents with accepted public practices that are accurate, thorough and timely, including the coordination of technical specifications with T&D engineering groups.
- Provide contract compliance oversight including fund reporting, development of utilization reports to forecast future requirements and conducting post-project analysis to determine if goals are achieved.
- Implement contract fund increases, market price adjustments, term extensions and track expenditures.
- Provide audit support to ensure goods and services conform to contract terms and specifications. Resolve performance issues and contract related disputes in a timely manner.
- Direct the project closeout process for public works construction and improvement contracts.
- Develop, recommend and manage the T&D Distribution Transformer purchase biennium budget. Responsibilities include preparing expenditure projections, monitoring fund balance and drafting the supporting business case analysis.
- Perform duties of SAP material requirement planning (MRP) controller for the Power distribution transformer stock inventory.
- Manage the Tacoma Power Pre-Qualified Electrical Contractor program. Supervise the distribution and approval of applications for the annual program roster.
- Regularly make presentations to the Senior Leadership Team as well as the Tacoma Public Utility Board, providing overviews and briefs of requested contracts and addressing inquiries of the Utility Board.
- Effectively balance multiple assignments involving competing priorities and delivery date expectations.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in contract administration, public procurement and procurement specifications.
- Experience with analyzing data, financial reporting, trend analysis, fiscal and program auditing desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, public or business management, economics, or engineering desired, Master’s degree preferred;
- Electric utility experience and knowledge of electric utility equipment strongly desired;
- Ability to collaborate in cross-functional work teams in the development and implementation of efficiencies;
- Ability to present effectively to executives, boards and commissions;
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively, balancing needs of various stakeholders;
- Applicable public procurement certifications are desirable;
- The successful candidate must work well in a collaborative team environment, have exceptional analytical and decision making skills, the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, ability to lead staff, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of SAP functions, Ariba e-procurement system, inventory and/or supply chain management and facilitation skills are highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Act decisively and make timely decisions while seeking information from others and encouraging diverse opinions in order to improve the quality of decision making. Accept responsibility for personal decisions and their consequences while evaluating situations and options when considering financial and operational impacts.
Establish internal and external customer interface to increase satisfaction with products and services offered by the organization. Search out ways to enhance customer satisfaction by improving efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery. Emphasize team approach to providing exceptional customer service.
Clearly and effectively communicates with individuals and groups within and outside of the organization. Effectively present ideas in formal and informal situations. Constructively listen to others in order to accurately convey their ideas. Interact respectfully and sensitively with individuals and groups to develop and maintain productive relationships and achieve results.
Professionally conducts all assignments in a timely manner, work with confidentiality and discretion. Work effectively through complex policies, processes, and organizational dynamics. Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Highly developed research and quantitative analysis capabilities; project management skills; advanced computer skills using various application tools for leveraging information; technical writing and communication skills for compilation of reports and presentations.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must apply online and meet the minimum qualifications to progress in the recruitment process. Please include your resume and letter of interest detailing how your skills relate to the position description.
Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of the position may be invited to participate in an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to successfully passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma:
We primarily communicate via email during the application process. Emails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk email folders.
For assistance with the NEOGOV application process, or questions regarding this job announcement, call the Human Resources office at (253) 591-5400 before 5:00 pm of the closing date of the job announcement.
Posting End Date: March 12, 2018