MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Consulting Engineer or Below—Electric Standards and Commodities #92661
Puget Sound Energy’s Standards Department is looking for engineers to join our team. These positions will be filled as Consulting Engineer, Senior Engineer, Engineer or Associate Engineer depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development of standards and commodity specifications used in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of PSE’s electric transmission and distribution systems. This includes providing consulting support to ensure that standards are compliant with codes, identification and testing of new commodities and tools, working with purchasing and vendors, creation of cost benefit analysis and evaluations, and responsibility for monitoring and applying industry trends, advances, and best practices. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting emergency response operations when needed.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Managing assigned commodities, standards and specifications to maintain a safe, reliable and efficient electric T&D system.
- Facilitating the consolidation of regulatory requirements and industry best practices in the standards.
- Performing commodity failure analysis and communicating results and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Establishing the implementation plan for introduction of new or changed products and work practices, including facilitating training of operations personnel, resulting in a thorough understanding of the proper application of the item or standard.
- Working closely with stakeholder groups that includes planning, engineering, operations, compliance, purchasing, Customer & System projects, and our service providers.
- Facilitating continuous improvement of Standards Department Processes.
- Identification of project requirements and assembling the appropriate development team for each new/revised standard or specification.
- Identification of potential areas of weakness with assigned work, and initiating corrective action.
- Documenting and sharing work with others to strengthen the depth and breadth of skills within PSE’s engineering workforce.