Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Phone Number: (425) 462-3017
Job Title: Consulting Electrical Plant Engineer or Below # 79436
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 13, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Puget Sound Energy is seeking an electrical engineering candidate to become a part of its maintenance, construction and performance management team, located at the Baker River Hydroelectric Facility. Baker River is PSE’s largest hydroelectric generation facility and includes not only generation, but also a state of the art fish migration system and hatchery.
Working with plant management, crew, and contractors the successful candidate will perform results engineering which includes leading, coordinating and participating in plant performance tests, analyzing operating data, developing operational plans and equipment recommendations to ensure safety and optimize performance and profitability. These roles will interface closely with corporate Plant Technical Services (PTS) and coordinate engineering services on plant related projects. We are looking for someone who can lead plant assessment and improvement initiatives, including design and installation.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other appropriate engineering field
- Extensive experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 10 years’ practice as a degreed engineer for the consulting level)
- Advanced technical and scientific expertise
- Experience leading engineering projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers
- Technical knowledge of Power Plant Operations and Maintenance, performance calculations, and practices.
- Experience working within the utility industry.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering License.
- Previous consulting engineering experience.
- Experience with Low and Medium Voltage systems.
- Field engineering and troubleshooting experience.
- Technical expertise in plant control systems and instrumentation.
- Strong computer skills to include spreadsheets, databases, word- processing, CAD and project software.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an integral plant staff team member.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues as they relate to plant operations, maintenance and construction.
- Professional Engineering license in Electrical Engineering.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
This opportunity will be filled as a Consulting Engineer or Below depending on qualifications of selected applicant.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit www.pse.com/careers to submit an online application.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: June 12, 2016